Nov 5, 2019
Hey so I am looking to get an SSD in my pc as my HDD is too slow. I would like to make it the boot drive for my windows 10.

This is my current build but I dont have the SSD in the build yet, its just there for testing purposes. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nsVn7T
on the compatibility notes it says "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

What shall I do about this? Can i still buy this SSD or do I need another one? or maybe just a regular SATA SSD?

Please help thank you.

Nov 5, 2019
It just means the one sata port will be disabled when you use your m.2 in the slot. If you only have the m.2 and a sata HDD you won't run into any issues because you have multiple sata ports. Just don't plug your hdd into the disabled sata port and you'll be fine.
how do i know which port will be disabled

Per your mainboard's manua, PG 18l:

"
- SATA1 port will be unavailable when installing SATA M.2 SSD in M2_2 slot.
- PCI_E6 slot will be unavailable when installing PCIe M.2 SSD in M2_2 slot.

You are losing a SATA port (6) only when installing a SATA drive in an M.2-2 slot; that being the case.

As Intel 660P NVME M.2 drives are at SATA prices, there is never really a reason to opt for an M.2 SATA drive...

Nov 5, 2019
Per your mainboard's manua, PG 18l:

"
  • SATA1 port will be unavailable when installing SATA M.2 SSD in M2_2 slot.
  • PCI_E6 slot will be unavailable when installing PCIe M.2 SSD in M2_2 slot.

You are losing a SATA port (6) only when installing a SATA drive in an M.2-2 slot; that being the case.

As Intel 660P NVME M.2 drives are at SATA prices, there is never really a reason to opt for an M.2 SATA drive...
whats this intel drive your talking about is it worth getting?
better than the WD one i was looking at?