[SOLVED] Issue with my PC where I get BSOD all the time. Can't even install OS to fix it. Please help me.

p7k

Jan 15, 2020
Hello everyone!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent quite few hours searching for issue but I am unable to find it.

This is a long post please do take your time to read it and I thank you for reading it in advance.

I did install latest Nvidia driver around 7-10 hrs before playing the game.
I was playing The Division 2 today and all of a sudden the OS crashed with BSOD. So naturally I restarted
it and again after I login, BSOD!!

This kept on happening so windows troubleshoot popped up.

I hit

1. Repair- no use

2. restart in Safe Mode to delete the driver - no use

3. system restore - it showed me a point before I updated Drivers so I clicked that and same while it was restoring it bam! BSOD

Then I put ISO in Pen-drive/Thumb drive/Flash drive and launched Windows 10 setup.

In the options I hit

1. repair - nope nothing BSOD at the end[as a cherry on top].

2. setup windows - does install but at the end it asks for restart as soon as I do it well you guessed it - BSOD!

So I did few things based on what others mentioned

1. Installed OS again after formatting the drive in which I had my OS as I mentioned above.

2. Replaced SSD with my friends brand new SSD nope same issue it installs the OS and then BSOD.

BSOD Errors which I got in no particular order:

1. cache manager

2. irql_not_less_or_equal

3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

5. System_Service_Exception

My Config:

Nvidia 2070 Super

Intel I7 9700K

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000)

CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x, 750 W 80+ Gold

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

Hyper 212 Black Edition

Corsair Force GS 240 GB SSD[This has OS]

2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Also I bought my PC 6-7 months ago all of them from Amazon US.

Before I had an issue where my PC used to froze when I restart my PC so changing my SSD did work.

So I never again bothered with this issue but as a precaution I never used to shut down my PC instead I did Hibernate my PC.

Thank you

EDIT:
Thank you all guys/gals. I think I found the issue. I tried 2 things:
  1. Removed CMOS battery and then placed it back. I also cleared CMOS[I think it was through CLR_CMOS].
  2. I removed one RAM stick and checked same thing and did same with other stick but no change. So I borrowed 2 sticks from my friend and placed it in 1 & 3 slots same issue. But then I placed the RAM sticks in 2 & 4 slots and it worked.
I am currently talking to Corsair for possible replacement. They suggested me to send them pics and all details related to purchase.

Last edited:
Solution
Check all your cables (inc. power cable to PSU) are attached securely to PSU/motherboard. Check memory is seated properly.

Run a memory test. download memtest86+ - install to a usb stick and boot from that, let it run over several loops and see if any errors are reported.

Diddly

Distinguished
Check all your cables (inc. power cable to PSU) are attached securely to PSU/motherboard. Check memory is seated properly.

Run a memory test. download memtest86+ - install to a usb stick and boot from that, let it run over several loops and see if any errors are reported.

Reactions: p7k
Solution

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent quite few hours searching for issue but I am unable to find it.

This is a long post please do take your time to read it and I thank you for reading it in advance.

I did install latest Nvidia driver around 7-10 hrs before playing the game.
I was playing The Division 2 today and all of a sudden the OS crashed with BSOD. So naturally I restarted
it and again after I login, BSOD!!

This kept on happening so windows troubleshoot popped up.

I hit

1. Repair- no use

2. restart in Safe Mode to delete the driver - no use

3. system restore - it showed me a point before I updated Drivers so I clicked that and same while it was restoring it bam! BSOD

Then I put ISO in Pen-drive/Thumb drive/Flash drive and launched Windows 10 setup.

In the options I hit

1. repair - nope nothing BSOD at the end[as a cherry on top].

2. setup windows - does install but at the end it asks for restart as soon as I do it well you guessed it - BSOD!

So I did few things based on what others mentioned

1. Installed OS again after formatting the drive in which I had my OS as I mentioned above.

2. Replaced SSD with my friends brand new SSD nope same issue it installs the OS and then BSOD.

BSOD Errors which I got in no particular order:

1. cache manager

2. irql_not_less_or_equal

3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

4. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

5. System_Service_Exception

My Config:

Nvidia 2070 Super

Intel I7 9700K

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000)

CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x, 750 W 80+ Gold

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X

Hyper 212 Black Edition

Corsair Force GS 240 GB SSD[This has OS]

2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Also I bought my PC 6-7 months ago all of them from Amazon US.

Before I had an issue where my PC used to froze when I restart my PC so changing my SSD did work.

So I never again bothered with this issue but as a precaution I never used to shut down my PC instead I did Hibernate my PC.

Thank you

Performing the good old trouble shooting practice is where you should start. Don't be afraid of BSoDs. Natural way of how a computer says hey, something went wrong, check me.

Fresh installing windows is a pretty absurd practice when you haven't really checked it first on why is it happening.

Reactions: p7k