Question Issue with xmp and computer freezing when opening some programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2020
I recently had my computer in for service because a problem that was unfixable. They changed the Mobo, ram(because last was faulty even tho it was new and worked when i leaved it to them), and case fans. Since then, i tried to enable xmp with 3200 mhz.
It goes into a reboot loop for about 5-6 times. I know that the memory needs training in order for timings and such to be set. But it continues everytime i try putting xmp on without me turning the computer of or such. Whenever i turn xmp of, the computer works. I also tried resetting cmos to be sure all settings were default. Now as i am in the computer, some programs makes the computer freeze up forcing me to hard reboot. Please help, i think it might be because of a faulty ram but i'm not sure.

Mobo: Asus Prime Z390-p
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3200mhz?) 2x8gb, its only running at 2166 and xmp as said doesn't work. Making the computer only running very low and at constant 50%.

I appreciate all answers even though i've contacted the place where i had my computer turned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.