[SOLVED] Issues with Sleep Mode

Honeybun54

Prominent
Jun 28, 2019
So this has been a issue for a few months now, It wasn't a problem in the first few months when I built the machine in early December but for a while when the computer would try and go to sleep it would immediately restart, show the splash screen and end back at the log in screen. So, I disabled auto sleep until I could figure this out.

Ever since a Windows update about a week ago if I tried to put it to sleep the computer would go into a hibernate type mode (even though hibernate is disabled) and when woken from the mouse it would restart, show the splash screen and end at the log in screen.

Today, since I have all my large files on a separate drive I figured I'd try a fresh install of Windows. I immediately did all Windows updates, updated my graphics and chipset drivers and nothing more. The computer now will go into the hibernate like mode (even though hibernate is disabled) and when woken from the mouse it seems like it is restarting but then it will shut completely down.

This seems to be connected to Windows as the problem has changed with the update and the fresh install, but I suspect driver issues could be cause. Maybe my power supply isn't enough for the setup and peripherals/extras?

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x
Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master
CORSAIR RMX RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified

All help is much appreciated.

Solution
update the BIOS of the motherboard

reset the BIOS by jumper

Which Ram are you using?

Set PCIe4.0 to PCIe3.0

don´t alter sleep modes yourself or reset the settings to check if it sleeps and wakes up fine again