[SOLVED] It wont enter the PC on my HDD

Apr 28, 2020
So recently i installed an SSD on my computer and i installed a new windows on it. I have my old windows still installed on my HDD and i wish to transfer some files to the SSD, now i tried to enter D/Users/PC and it is loading forever and wont enter the folder. So how do i delete the windows from the HDD without ruining some files and how do i access the PC part.

Solution
its likely a permissions problem, your PC can tell that the files being accessed weren't created by a current user (even if you did make both, the user is different).

I wonder if this would be faster
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this lads win 10 into a blue menu at startup (windows recovery)
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

You aren't logged in here so it might let you access the files faster as windows permissions shouldn't get in the way.

Ideally, best idea in future is to relocate the locations of the library folders so...

Colif

Win 11 Master
its likely a permissions problem, your PC can tell that the files being accessed weren't created by a current user (even if you did make both, the user is different).

I wonder if this would be faster
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this lads win 10 into a blue menu at startup (windows recovery)
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

You aren't logged in here so it might let you access the files faster as windows permissions shouldn't get in the way.

Ideally, best idea in future is to relocate the locations of the library folders so they aren't in that folder. I have all my library folders (like documents, music, videos, PIctures) all saved on my 2nd hdd so if I ever reinstall win 10 I don't have to look through old user folders, I just point the new library at the one I already have.

helps to make the destination first before you do this as making an entire hdd your documents folder is a pain to fix.
No offense with link, they just do clear guides -https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...e-the-location-of-user-folders-in-windows-10/

this shows how to delete old windows folder - careful you don't do this on C
https://superuser.com/questions/915173/delete-old-windows-program-files-from-second-drive - try 2nd answer first.

Solution