Judges Order Apple to Post Corrected Samsung Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfury

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Will take at least "two weeks" to change some text on their website. Please. Reminds me of a child trying to "apologize" while simultaneously spewing an insult.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
two weeks, almost as pathetic as MS saying it was impossible to remove IE from their OS. Giving credit to their excuse IE was and is at the kernel level so the FEDS would have their kernel level built in back doors.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]arcticfury[/nom]Will take at least "two weeks" to change some text on their website. Please. Reminds me of a child trying to "apologize" while simultaneously spewing an insult.[/citation]

Yo dawg I herd you like lawsuits, so we put some contempt in your court so you can contempt while you contempt.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]two weeks, almost as pathetic as MS saying it was impossible to remove IE from their OS. Giving credit to their excuse IE was and is at the kernel level so the FEDS would have their kernel level built in back doors.[/citation]

that IE ruling was stupid, so VERY stupid, unless of coarse windows actively blocked other web browsers, but even than, you chose microsoft, deal with it.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
@husker:

Or even better:
2 weeks? Take as long as you like. You lawyers and the CEO will be drafting the content from any of our several spacious 2m x 3m UK accommodations. Each features its own sink, toilet, window, door, bed, and even a security system!

We will let you know as soon as we approve of your apology.

That statement is so far from an apology that I would have liked to have seen Apple slapped with the biggest contempt of court penalty available under UK law. It reads more like a whiny advertisement.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]If I were the judge I would have told them "Two weeks? No problem, take as long as you need. Your website will be offline until the correction is made."[/citation]

Personally, if I had been the judge, I would have responded:

"You are in contempt of court, you have until the end of the day to update your statement and remove the falsehoods. If you do not you will be fined, as part of your contempt, of 100,000 pounds per minute you do not make the change."

This means, after the first hour, Apple is down 6 Million pounds (effectively $9 Million), after the first day, 144 Million pounds ($216 Million).

[citation][nom]cRACKmONKEY421[/nom]What do you see when you watch two companies in a pissing match?A couple of dicks.[/citation]
Apple is a company, but you can hardly say that of a UK court.

G

Why not use the same format they used for the Apple maps apology? Simple right?

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]two weeks, almost as pathetic as MS saying it was impossible to remove IE from their OS. Giving credit to their excuse IE was and is at the kernel level so the FEDS would have their kernel level built in back doors.[/citation]
The Internet Explorer's rendering engine is available for use by other programs that want to imbed web content in the MSHTML API set. If they remove IE, it would break all programs using that API. Furthermore, MSHTML is not implemented at the kernel level at all. It's in mshtml.dll which is run in user-mode.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Wow, didnt take long for apple to start falling hard after the passing of Steve Jobs, love or hate him, the dude ran Apple with extreme passion and vision. 1980s Apple, here we go again and this time, I don't think Microsoft will help you out. Time to sell stock, especially since there has been talk about them dropping Intel.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]Personally, if I had been the judge, I would have responded:"You are in contempt of court, you have until the end of the day to update your statement and remove the falsehoods. If you do not you will be fined, as part of your contempt, of 100,000 pounds per minute you do not make the change."This means, after the first hour, Apple is down 6 Million pounds (effectively $9 Million), after the first day, 144 Million pounds ($216 Million).[/citation]
*Evil grin face* I like!

Status
Not open for further replies.