I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain tasks.
Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent of the
right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can I
access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called). It
contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
thanks in advance

***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you off
in***

go to start/run, and type:

HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\keyshort.chm::/keys_general.htm

Tab to the chosen object, (spacebar selects, if necessary), press shift-F10 for the context menu

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"auntie_biotic" <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uescUtIiFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the
>equivalent of the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can I access the right-hand side of my taskbar
>(I think it is called). It contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
> thanks in advance
>

> ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you off in***

Select the icon then SHIFT + F10 to get the right click menu.

SHIFT + F10 Displays the shortcut menu for the selected item.

The right hand side (by the clock) of the taskbar is called the Notification
Area.

Tab key and Arrow keys. You have to use the Tab key to get into the
Notification Area then the Arrow keys to move to each item.

Windows keyboard shortcuts overview
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/keys_general.mspx

List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301583

Additional Keyboard Shortcuts...

Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306832

WD97: Keyboard Shortcuts for Word 97
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157935

List of the keyboard shortcuts for Word 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211982

List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290938

Works 6: Standard Keyboard Shortcuts for Works Word Processor
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270893
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uescUtIiFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
auntie_biotic <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> hunted and pecked:
> I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain
> tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent
> of the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop
> can I access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called).
> It contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
> thanks in advance
>

> ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you
> off in***

The shortcut for the right click is the key with the menu and pointer
picture to the right of the spacebar, on some laptops it is up the top right

To access the system tray use the tab key to move the focus to it, once
inside use the arrow key to move left and right through the icons.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"auntie_biotic" <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain
>tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent of
>the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can
>I access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called). It
>contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
> thanks in advance
>

> ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you
> off in***

Thanks very much a great help.