Question Keyboard is identified as USB input device

internetskrub

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
Good day. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my Tecware Spectre Pro, instead of being identified as a keyboard under the mouse,keyboard and pen category of devices, it is instead located in other devices as a "USB input device". I cannot use it whatsoever. My mouse is working fine however. I've tried interchanging them between ports, but the keyboard just won't work. It was all dine yesterday, and i cannot remember anything that may have affected it.

internetskrub

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
It's actually a laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad 330s with an i5 8th gen, 4 gigs of ram with a crucial 240gb ssd
already uninstalled usb root hub and restarted the laptop to no avail

internetskrub

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
Hi all. A keyboard of mine, for some reason is identified as just a USB Input Device instead of a USB keyboard in the Windows 10 Settings, on the Bluetooth and Devices tab. I'm not sure whether this is a software or a hardware problem. Need help

Lutfij

Titan
Uninstalling and restarting doesn't resolve the issue. If you must, first make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Then make sure your OS is on the latest version, we're currently on 1909. Then reinstall your chipset/USB drivers, manually using an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

internetskrub

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
Update: Starting to think this is actually a hardware problem, other keyboard works fine
if so, what might cause the problem? is something, like, fried inside it? Thanks.