[SOLVED] Keyboard key wont work (Razer Blackwidow Elite)

DallasClarke87

Reputable
Jun 30, 2016
Just got a Razer blackwidow elite and i noticed the num pad 9 key didnt work, but i went onto keyboard tester and it did show that i clicked the key but wouldnt type. So i downloaded key tweak and just made the key 9 the same for the num pad 9 key, so its just mirroring it so it works. But now the numpad 9 key works and the 9 key doesnt if i reset the keys to default. So long story short all the keys work just seems like it doesn't want to be the key its supposed to be. Sorry if this makes no sense i contacted razer and they dont even know and i dont feel like returning the keyboard but i have month before im unable to so if i can fix it that'll be nice.

Solution
uninstall all Razer software, settings, and drivers. restart.

if still not functioning properly and you are sure there are are no custom keyset profiles active or saved to hardware memory:
try looking into Windows virtual keyboard settings. there's a possibility something like that is overriding the default "9" key with an invalid character.
uninstall all Razer software, settings, and drivers. restart.

if still not functioning properly and you are sure there are are no custom keyset profiles active or saved to hardware memory:
try looking into Windows virtual keyboard settings. there's a possibility something like that is overriding the default "9" key with an invalid character.

Solution