[SOLVED] Keyboard keys not registering/ double typing might be a bigger underlying issue with pc help please!

tristan_vidal888

Reputable
Jul 13, 2018
Hello,
So i recently bought a ducky SF one 2 and it worked great for awhile but then the keys would double click making gaming and typing horrible, so i cleaned it with air duster and thought it would fix it(it never did). So after re installing new drivers on it and everything else it still would double type horribly. Now i also had this issue with my Vulcan 120 AIMO keyboard that again worked perfectly for a good 5-6 months then the keys yet again have started to double type or straight up not register at all after hitting a few times. I RMA'd the ducky keyboard only to find out they said it was working perfectly on their end and they suspect it is a software issue on my end. I'm not sure what to do now cause i feel like both keyboards this expensive shouldnt have messed up like this. Ive plugged in a cheap 10$ walmart keyboard by surf on and its worked fine but my other two still have the issue. I've re installed windows 10 and factory reset my pc and its still having the issue. Ive also tried the keyboard on my gfs PC for about 30-45 minutes and didnt have an issue. Im just wondering what the problem could be at this point? did i get unlucky with 3 keyboards in a row or is it my pc? ive run windows trouble shooters and repair files ect and nothing has fixed it still. I have even returned the vulcan 120 and got a new one and that one still having the same issue. Someone mentioned on another post it could even be my power supply but im not sure how id determine that or even my ram but im very lost wanna fix it, its making gaming horrible and generally typing horrid. I've debating even buy another maybe less expensive keyboard and seeing if i have issues. No idea what software or component could be causing this i greatly appreciate any help. keyboards used so far: Vulcan 120 aimo( two diff ones), ducky one 2 sf, surf on keyboard. Also using a razor naga pro if that helps at all im using roccat swarm software and razor software. Thanks!

GTX 2070 super black EVGA
b550 a pro mobo
ryzen 3600 cpu
corsair vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ram
evga 750 gq psu 80+ gold
1tb hdd
500gb ssd

Solution
. I RMA'd the ducky keyboard only to find out they said it was working perfectly on their end and they suspect it is a software issue on my end. I'm not sure what to do now cause i feel like both keyboards this expensive shouldnt have messed up like this.
Ive also tried the keyboard on my gfs PC for about 30-45 minutes and didnt have an issue. Im just wondering what the problem could be at this point?
It's not the keyboards. Never was. Doubtful it's the drivers either. As said, it's a software issue inside your pc. You have something else loaded that conflicts with the keyboard commands. Could be anything from malware to a game with keybinds not releasing, could be sensitivity settings or even something as simple as your...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
. I RMA'd the ducky keyboard only to find out they said it was working perfectly on their end and they suspect it is a software issue on my end. I'm not sure what to do now cause i feel like both keyboards this expensive shouldnt have messed up like this.
Ive also tried the keyboard on my gfs PC for about 30-45 minutes and didnt have an issue. Im just wondering what the problem could be at this point?
It's not the keyboards. Never was. Doubtful it's the drivers either. As said, it's a software issue inside your pc. You have something else loaded that conflicts with the keyboard commands. Could be anything from malware to a game with keybinds not releasing, could be sensitivity settings or even something as simple as your setting for inputs is set for MS keyboard (reset by windows updates) not Ducky.

You'll need to run through services and start shutting them down one by one. Anything and everything that's not ms vital to windows operation. Keep a notepad open and try typing after any shutdown until (hopefully) it types normally.

Solution