whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-V Evo/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thubian 3.3Ghz
Graphics Card: Asus EAH6850 Radeon HD 6850 1GB
CPU Fan: ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm
HDD: WD WD740GD 74GB Sata HDD 10,000RPM
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR 1600 (PC3 12800)
PSU: Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W

This is my setup. I went from a Pentium 4 with 4gb ram, agp 1gb radeon hd 4000 series vid card, etc to this and am STILL experiencing major lag when gaming. I have replaced my modem, router, even the cat 5e patch cable and upgraded my internet speed to 20mbps / 4mbps. When I run a speed test, even if I set it clear accross the US, the tests will come back with high results. In addition, when I have checked to see if my equipment was compatible/adequate enough for these games with Can U Run It, the results have come up higher than recommended for each. Here are examples of what I receive as far as lag:

Game A: Requires the most graphics usage out of all 3 examples and am running it on 1920 x 1080 with the Video set to the lowest possible settings. When running around, even though the server population is "low", my screen will freeze approx every 10 seconds for approx 10-30 seconds. This doesn't matter if there are many characters near me or none.
Game B: Think World of Warcraft graphics requirements (approx 1080 x 768 with the Video set to the lowest possible settings). Whenever I go into the main town and into the main bldg the NPCs will take approx 60 seconds or so to start to load. I also lag just randomly running around and my screen will freeze approx every 10 seconds.
Game C: Has MUCH lower graphics requirement than the previous 2 and also set to the lowest possible graphics settings (u only need 32mb) and will my character will move very choppy.

My Core temps are usually from 29'C - 34'C (I don't know if that's good for an AMD)
I have gotten a couple of VCore alerts and was wondering why lol. Don't know much about that either.

I have replaced everything and am at my wits end. I was hoping someone else might have some ideas as to why the SAME lag that I was getting on my old computer, I am getting with the new one and what I could change. I know that my graphics card isn't top of the line, but still... I shouldn't be freezing every 10 seconds. I don't have a lot of money currently, so I don't want to know about crazy expensive top of the line upgrade suggestions (not trying to be mean, just being honest lol). I know that I could go with a water cooling system, but atm that's not possible lol.

Condoriano

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Are you using wireless network adapter? This could be a latency issue. Try using a cable, if this is the situation, just for test. If this work, so might be interference.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Is this a newly built machine, or did you replace the CPU, GPU and RAM? Maybe do a driver sweep and reinstall your video card's drivers. This is all just speculation though, considering you are getting Vcore warnings which is what controls the voltage going to your CPU. If you installed a new CPU it could be related to a mistake you made during the installation.

go into bios and and load optimized defaults and as a test reboot the machine and update the dma data. now go back to bios and disable 3 cores. this will enable amd turbo to kick in to its fullest.
try a few games and see what happens...
you may want to disable auto fan control along with cool & quiet.

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Nope I am hard wired in :)

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Everything is new. Did the driver sweep and re-installed graphics drivers. I checked the CPU and the pins are not bent, broken, etc.

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

Yes, but I stated that I am using the lowest settings and the game is freezing every approx 10 seconds for like 10-30 seconds at a time.

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

lol oh my gosh :eek: ! You're absolutely right on the wrong type of ram. lol I was so busy checking everything else that it didn't even begin to register in my head to check the type of ram :pt1cable:

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

I currently have 2 hard drives. The one 74 GB and one that is 1 TB. The 74 GB one is only half full.

whitepanda77

Honorable
May 18, 2012

I don't own any offline games hehe... works fine with Freecell though ;). I was considering switching to:

OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom