Laptop Hunters: Lauren 2 and Her Mom Buy a Dell

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffredo

Distinguished
The "laptop hunters" I've seen on MS commercials are for the most part tech idiots. I wouldn't buy a Mac (I enjoy gaming), but watching those boneheads out shopping at BB don't exactly make me want to run out and repeat whatever they're doing.

G

Apple does make this little laptop that does exactly what they're talking about for a whole crapload less than $2000. It's called a MacBook. It even comes with a vastly better display and a much longer battery life.

If you could find a PC with exactly the same components as a mac, I don't doubt the mac would be more expensive. It's a premium brand. As in, you know, you pay more. But, to us mac users, it's worth it. We buy macs because of the OS. That's long before you even consider the simple fact is that the newest macs have unparalleled design and build quality.

God, after all, is in the details.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
tell ya what, you try doing anything processor intensive (Photoshop, 3D Rendering, codec'en a video) on a laptop and you'll find out why they still suck. Too small, cant dissipate the heat fast enough. If you want a fast computer, buy a DESKTOP

Status
Not open for further replies.