Molon Labe

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Enrolled in Cybersecurity program for school.

Finished cyber security fundamentals and starting ccna 1 & 2, at home casually taking a kali course by Joseph Delgadillo. (Great YT course)

When it comes to virtualization, I know that RAM is more of a factor closely followed by CPU/core counts to dedicate to each VM, which for my purposes should not yield past 4 VMs*

I would love nothing more if I could get by w/ an under $400 laptop, hell even $600(Acer Aspire E15 i3/I5 models), but I am having difficulty finding a 16gb ram i7 laptop thats under $1200.

I do not care/need a dedicated GPU yet the ones that I've seen like the new Acer Predator Helios 300 (ph315-52-78vl) have them. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predato...or+helios+300&qid=1562361069&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Dell XPS's are like $1400, but I know they have sales from time to time.

Budget: $1200 or under please.

Would this 1 meet you needs?
I have this model
The 16gb ram is 1 stick it has 2 ram slots and can run 32gb.
I just put in 2x8 16gb G.Skill ripjaws 2666
And i know you didn't mention about gaming but the ram upgrade helped my ghost recon look and run much smoother.

Would advise intel xtu undervolting to -0.150 to -0.155
To cut down the heat and power limit throttling.
Also suggest having it elevated or on a good laptop cooler / stand for max airflow.
You can adjust fans for silent/balanced/ overboost. Using fn+f5 keys.
Hope this helps.

Molon Labe

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Would this 1 meet you needs?
I have this model
The 16gb ram is 1 stick it has 2 ram slots and can run 32gb.
I just put in 2x8 16gb G.Skill ripjaws 2666
And i know you didn't mention about gaming but the ram upgrade helped my ghost recon look and run much smoother.

Would advise intel xtu undervolting to -0.150 to -0.155
To cut down the heat and power limit throttling.
Also suggest having it elevated or on a good laptop cooler / stand for max airflow.
You can adjust fans for silent/balanced/ overboost. Using fn+f5 keys.
Hope this helps.
What model are you talking about??? Im confused here...

Here is Micro Center at the top of the page lick change city to see if there is 1 near you.
As you check them out what sucks is the in store only so no online sale/ shipping to you.

So are you lucky as i feel to live near a micro center?
If you find 1 that suits your needs from say amazon, newegg, frys, best buy cheaper and M C has it in stock (must be exact same model and specs) then M C will price match.
Also if you find 1 that can handle 16gb/32gb but only has 8gb in it,
right now is a great time to be upgrading memory as the prices keep dropping.
I just purchased this memory for $77.99
No more then a month ago and it dropped even more.