Question Laptop with on Dedicated GPU or not

Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys, i want to buy laptop with spec of i5 1035g1. There is 2 choice:
  1. No dedicated GPU but with SSD 512 GB and permanen Ms Office
  2. With Nvidia MX330 but still with HDD 1Tb and trial office
I will use it for daily work that mostly using excel, some light gaming like Minecraft and roblox, maybe a little video editing...

Please kindly help to determine which woth it based on usage price value.

Thanks

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi guys, i want to buy laptop with spec of i5 1035g1. There is 2 choice:
  1. No dedicated GPU but with SSD 512 GB and permanen Ms Office
  2. With Nvidia MX330 but still with HDD 1Tb and trial office
I will use it for daily work that mostly using excel, some light gaming like Minecraft and roblox, maybe a little video editing...

Please kindly help to determine which woth it based on usage price value.

Thanks

Hi @Dias court

All laptops have a GPU. If it didn't, it wouldn't turn on. :) (99.9% of which are soldered to the motherboard, but there ARE kits you an buy if you want something beefier)

For basic office work, a 512GB SSD is plenty large enough, even for a couple games thrown on (and a hell of a lot faster than an HDD as the HDD is most likely a 5400RPM at the price point you're looking at which is slower than paint drying in the winter.) Thats not to say you couldn't buy an SSD and install it in place of the HDD if you like that laptop better.

The MX330 is an entry lvl mobile GPU and so not particularly powerful. To be able to answer your question as to which is best, we'd need to see the exact laptop(s) you are looking at. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have MSOffice, there are other programs out, such as Open Office, which is free and an excellent alternative.

Please link to the laptops. :)

#1. would be my choice.

A ssd is the most important component in a laptop for performance.

Intel integrated graphics is entirely suitable for HD movie playback.

A strong discrete graphics chip is good only if you are a fast action gamer.