Question Legion Y730 restarting while gaming even if it doesn't get hot.

Jun 30, 2019
I got the Y730 a few months back and everything was great. Recently I've experienced this problem were the laptop restarts while gaming, even 5 minutes into it. My temperatures stay around 70 degree but it still does this, I'm able to increase the time by turning of the better battery mode but it still restarts. Undervolting, Re-pasting I've tried it all. Is there a problem with the power supply, it not being able to provide enough power?

You mention battery power, or, 'better battery mode'...are you playing games running off of battery only, or do the resets occur with AC adapter as well?

If the unit is under Lenovo's warranty, they might be willing to send you another AC adapter to rule that out...

It's also possible a WIndows update wrote over some optimized settings, so, you might try reinstalling chipset drivers, ....can't hurt...

Reactions: Taaha Jawad
Jun 30, 2019
Well the problem only takes place while the laptop is plugged with the AC adapter. It doesn't happen when i play games on battery, though the performance suffers quite a lot.
When plugged in and if the 'Power Mode' is set to best performance the laptop immediately restarts in 2 to 3 minutes when the CPU utilization goes to 100%. If set to 'Better Battery' the utilization doesn't go to a hundred but it still restarts but now after 10 to 15 minutes.