LASERR00

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
Hi ,

I'm very confused about this problem. I took friends Lenovo laptop G50-80 for a check over and to re-install windows 10. After fresh install of windows i was using WIFI on my home network 2.4ghz and while using internet it just cut off and i cant find it again in WIFI list of networks. All others are there from neighbors but not mine that i was using?... Re-installing WIFI drivers helps in device manager it pops up again but again after few minutes using its gone again...

I tried hotspot from my phone it finds it and connects fine. Disabled power off in network adapter. Also i got drivers from Lenovo website and that did not help... i had never happened this to me before. Any idea what can it be?

PS: As WIFI cuts off on laptop network and WIFI works fine on other devices. Bios is updated aslo.

Lutfij

Titan
to re-install windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for the OS install, you're advised to install the OS in an offline mode and then manually install all relevant drivers(downloaded prior to the OS install) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Did you make sure that the laptop's BIOS is up to date, after using the serial number for the Lenovo on their support apge?

LASERR00

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
sound like hardware issue if it only cut off wifi is active
Maybe ...but i think its my network that is somehow problem. I just left laptop at my friends house and he is using it for hours without any problems... strange.
to re-install windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for the OS install, you're advised to install the OS in an offline mode and then manually install all relevant drivers(downloaded prior to the OS install) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Did you make sure that the laptop's BIOS is up to date, after using the serial number for the Lenovo on their support apge?
Its original windows 10 home from Microsoft website and all drivers are for that model from Lenovo website. Very strange issue ... maybe i will try offline install of windows but i don't think that's gonna help. He didn't have this problem before it was blue screen that was the problem that's why i reinstalled windows.

TRENDING THREADS