Question Lenovo LEGION 5 vs. ASUS TUF Gaming A15

Lutfij

Titan
The links don't work for me but I think that'd be sorted out when I revisit the links. That being said, work varies from folk to folk and the sort of app's used for work will also vary from folk to folk, essentially I'm asking what sort of app's will you be taxing the system with?

Edit:
Either one would do if you're looking at gaming on the laptop but if funds are an issue, I'd get the cheaper one.

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
The links don't work for me but I think that'd be sorted out when I revisit the links. That being said, work varies from folk to folk and the sort of app's used for work will also vary from folk to folk, essentially I'm asking what sort of app's will you be taxing the system with?

Edit:
Either one would do if you're looking at gaming on the laptop but if funds are an issue, I'd get the cheaper one.
ok, ill just think about it some, i'll be using apps like excel and 2d software. The Lenovo laptop has a 60W battery, 7200 rpm hdd, and 2933 mhz ram. The asus has a 48W battery, 5400 rpm hdd, and 3200 mhz ram. Any suggestions based on those specs?

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
In recent reviews the Legion is one of the favorites, a close second is the HP Omen which is the one I'm considering for a workstation. I would recommend not buying something with a spinning hard drive- find something with an SSD.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
ok, ill just think about it some, i'll be using apps like excel and 2d software. The Lenovo laptop has a 60W battery, 7200 rpm hdd, and 2933 mhz ram. The asus has a 48W battery, 5400 rpm hdd, and 3200 mhz ram. Any suggestions based on those specs?
lenovo legion is 5 is no 1 laptop in its class. it has the best overall performance and hardware, even better than asus Rogs G15s and G14s similarly priced! its far better than any Asus tuf A15 laptops(2020 versions) cause it has better thermal solution. if you're not a a competetive Fps gamer and don't worry about high refreshrate, you can go for the 300nits 60hz screen and can have a longer battery life than the 144hz display version of lenovo legion 5. also if you don't hate amd, you can go for the ryzen 5 4600h version of legion 5 which will be better than an intel i5 version as a work laptop.

Last edited:
Looks like either will do the job.
Your key to performance is having a ssd.
Both seem to have a 500gb ssd. That is good.
a 5400 rpm hdd is abysmally slow, 7200 rpm is better.
If you are shopping at Costco and see the units for yourself.
You may like one monitor over the other.
In particular, look for the brightness of the display.
I do not see that spec in your links, but a notebook review should tell you more.

Usually, Lenovo keyboards are very good.

For gaming, look at the coolers that are used. Gaming laptops have issues with throttling under load.
Not much you can do about that.

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Looks like either will do the job.
Your key to performance is having a ssd.
Both seem to have a 500gb ssd. That is good.
a 5400 rpm hdd is abysmally slow, 7200 rpm is better.
If you are shopping at Costco and see the units for yourself.
You may like one monitor over the other.
In particular, look for the brightness of the display.
I do not see that spec in your links, but a notebook review should tell you more.

Usually, Lenovo keyboards are very good.

For gaming, look at the coolers that are used. Gaming laptops have issues with throttling under load.
Not much you can do about that.
thank you.

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
lenovo legion is 5 is no 1 laptop in its class. it has the best overall performance and hardware, even better than asus Rogs G15s and G14s similarly priced! its far better than any Asus tuf A15 laptops(2020 versions) cause it has better thermal solution. if you're not a a competetive Fps gamer and don't worry about high refreshrate, you can go for the 300nits 60hz screen and can have a longer battery life than the 144hz display version of lenovo legion 5. also if you don't hate amd, you can go for the ryzen 5 4600h version of legion 5 which will be better than an innel i5 version as a work laptop.
thank you for answering!