Question Limiting CPU to 1.06Ghz does not solve absurd heat on chassis, hwinfo says OK (details below)

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
I know I know, I'm a maniac downgrading that much of a CPU but this is my wish. Lifespan and heat is a number 1 priority to me so I want to cool as much as possible. Everything seems okay with this laptop at the moment, just wanted to know limiting the CPU can also lower the heat in other parts? Random parts on chassis seems to often gets real hot like cannot touch them. HWinfo shows okay 55c-60c all parts. Power plug area especially gets hot in high. I did leave specs of this below of the thread.

I saw on google search this series of laptops have similiar problems with their heat management.

Is this normal?

ASUS ROG G15 Zephyrus (2022) GA503rm 318 BIOS.
Ryzen 6800HS with Radeon Graphics
RTX 3060
512GB SSD
16GB RAM
Balanced power profile with cpu only custom entry
60Hz 1280x720p desktop AND game res. (yes for real)
10.9% laptop battery wear.
Barely 2-3 years old laptop.
Idle everything okay including heat on chassis (idle desktop no browser)
fans working reported by MyASUS
Battery OK reported by MyASUS
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 22H2 19045.4529

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to undervolt your discrete GPU and then use undervolt your processor.

Looking at your thread's body, I don't see why you're not looking at older hardware at this point given you're crippling everything in your laptop even though it's been stated to run at 100 Deg C without an issue. Longevity wise, that's out the window given how everything is just punched in the face with power delivery.