[SOLVED] "Load flash.dll failed" when running ec fw update tool

JamesMc19

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,

I have a GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard currently sitting on f31 BIOS version.

I'm wanting to update to f40 so i can update to the latest version, but to update to f40 it says i must first run the ec fw update tool.

I have downloaded the tool, tried to run it and i get faced with an error window that says

"load flash.dll failed"

I have tried getting the flash.dll file and placing it within system 32 but still no dice. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solution
Hi,

I have a GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard currently sitting on f31 BIOS version.

I'm wanting to update to f40 so i can update to the latest version, but to update to f40 it says i must first run the ec fw update tool.

I have downloaded the tool, tried to run it and i get faced with an error window that says

"load flash.dll failed"

I have tried getting the flash.dll file and placing it within system 32 but still no dice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Flash it from BIOS and you won't need any of those files.
Hi,

"load flash.dll failed"

Thanks.
Flash it from BIOS and you won't need any of those files.

Solution