[SOLVED] Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam causing games to stutter

Aug 9, 2021
Hi guys

I am having a really weird problem, so I run a fairly high end build I'll post the specs below and I recently just bought the Logitech BRIO 4K Webcam which is a fantastic cam for streaming!

Ever since I've had to plugged in I notice especially playing FPS games that when I move my mouse pretty quickly I get micro stutter on all games but with it unplugged the issue doesn't exist whatsoever?

I've tried every fix imaginable and I can't see to pin point the issue I did have a Razer webcam plugged in prior and had no issues whatsoever needed to upgrade for the better clarity.

All drivers are up to date on all components.

My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3950x
ASUS X570 ROG STRIX X570-E Motherboard (updated BIOS)
Western Digital WD Blue NAND 2TB M.2
32gb G.Skill 3600mhz RAM
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11gb
Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Aorus AP750GM 750w Gold Power Supply

Solution
That’s interesting. Maybe Logitech needs to work on drivers. At work one of our top executives got a new Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with a docking station. I spent hours troubleshooting this system because when I got ready to deliver it, the system worked.

When you connected it to the dock however and plugged everything in, the sound and cameras would all stop working, the surface would go haywire. Never seen one act like that. Ended up having to reset the system using that feature to reinstall the OS. Come to find out, system restore wasn’t enabled by default.

To make the story shorter, what happened was during troubleshooting, every time his older Logitech webcam was connected, the surface would go wild. I messed with...
That’s interesting. Maybe Logitech needs to work on drivers. At work one of our top executives got a new Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with a docking station. I spent hours troubleshooting this system because when I got ready to deliver it, the system worked.

When you connected it to the dock however and plugged everything in, the sound and cameras would all stop working, the surface would go haywire. Never seen one act like that. Ended up having to reset the system using that feature to reinstall the OS. Come to find out, system restore wasn’t enabled by default.

To make the story shorter, what happened was during troubleshooting, every time his older Logitech webcam was connected, the surface would go wild. I messed with uninstalling drivers reinstalling them etc, but the only way to fix it was either to reset the system or system restore.

I finally replaced the Logitech webcam with a newer model we had in the office. Plugged in and worked fine, UNTIL you updated the driver. Then the surface acted up again. Not as severe as before but enough that I did system restore and tried to tell the system not to download any driver updates.

I don’t know why those issues happened, but at least the surface with windows 10 did not like the Logitech webcams.

Solution
Aug 9, 2021

To make the story shorter, what happened was during troubleshooting, every time his older Logitech webcam was connected, the surface would go wild. I messed with uninstalling drivers reinstalling them etc, but the only way to fix it was either to reset the system or system restore.

I finally replaced the Logitech webcam with a newer model we had in the office. Plugged in and worked fine, UNTIL you updated the driver. Then the surface acted up again. Not as severe as before but enough that I did system restore and tried to tell the system not to download any driver updates.

I don’t know why those issues happened, but at least the surface with windows 10 did not like the Logitech webcams.

Thanks for that!
I'm not sure if our issues are linked/similar but what I do know is that it is incredibly annoying and I just dropped $300 on this webcam so not issues you would be expecting to have ..

Aug 9, 2021
Yeah we’ve got a few of those brio webcams and they seem good but I’m not sure why you’d see the types of issues we are describing due to just a webcam. I mean for the prices and time maybe buying generic ones from Amazon would be a solution lol.

I've got a razer one which doesn't have any issues whatsoever seems to be linked directly to the Brio 4K ... Sigh