Apr 15, 2021
So I built a PC for the first time. It was a fantastic experience. At least it was at first. Now I have consistent rebooting issues and I can't get more than 5 minutes into a game without sudden restarts. Build is as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S ATX AM4 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Team GX1 2.5" 960 GB SSD
Radeon rx580 series GPU
Seasonic Focus GM-750 80+ Gold PSU

As the title states, I'm a little frustrated. I've updated drivers, tweaked settings, tested components (as best as I could with what I have available), ran software to monitor things, I've talked sweet to it, swore at it, and pleaded with it. I don't think it speaks English. The only things I have yet to do are update the BIOS (and I would have, but decompressing the zip from ASRock site doesn't seem to yield all the files I see in tutorial videos, I have no clue why and it results in a dead end), and throw the effing thing on the front lawn.

I'm tired. I'm sad. Anyone I've asked says the same thing... "That's weird." I need help. Any and all suggestions are appreciated and I'll do my best to read them through the tears, and implement them with my limited cognitive ability.

Solution
18 hours, huh? Whew. Welp, it's not like the last 18 have been productive. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
I generally start the test around noon on a weekend. That way I'm around in case the test fails in the first few hours (yay!). If it's been going for.....8 hours and no errors, you're into "long-term stability" testing. Given your description, you should see results much sooner.

To be clear, I've had a known-bad stick of RAM run for 19 hours without errors in Prime95. Folding@Home sussed it out in 20 minutes.
Not trying to come across like I'm discounting byour suggestion, but given that, doesn't it seem unlikely?
Your whole system is new, yet something is wrong. Each component is equally likely (for the sake of discussion) to be the issue here.
Since everything is new you are going to have to troubleshoot through it step by step.

Checking RAM either one stick at a time, or running Memtest is a decent and easy first step.

My other basic question would be:
Are you watching your temperatures and clock speeds while you stress the system? If so, can you share them here?

18 hours, huh? Whew. Welp, it's not like the last 18 have been productive. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
I generally start the test around noon on a weekend. That way I'm around in case the test fails in the first few hours (yay!). If it's been going for.....8 hours and no errors, you're into "long-term stability" testing. Given your description, you should see results much sooner.

To be clear, I've had a known-bad stick of RAM run for 19 hours without errors in Prime95. Folding@Home sussed it out in 20 minutes.

Solution
Have you updated the Chipset drivers from AMD, with Ryzen 5000 series they are really important for system stability. I had issues with my 5900x and stability with my 3600 C16 RAM. It was fine at 3200 C18 RAM installed but with the faster RAM it would bluescreen on me. I updated the Chipset drivers and have had no problems since. It may not be the reason for your issue but worth a try.

Reactions: tennis2