[SOLVED] Looking to buy AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop - how to update my ASROCK B550PRO 4

Kris Clark

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2015
I went on the support website but I see this.
(I'm not a technical person)
View: https://i.imgur.com/y5U8D9k.png

y5U8D9k.png

I have an AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor. Will I be able to update the bios?

Solution
Yes, it's just telling you that you need a CPU earlier than the 5000 series in order to update the BIOS to that version. Which you already know because that's why you are updating the BIOS to that version. LOL.

Just download the BIOS file, unzip the contents to a flash drive, open Instant flash in the BIOS and point it to your flash drive and update.

Your Ryzen 3 3100 is from the Matisse architecture.
Yes, it's just telling you that you need a CPU earlier than the 5000 series in order to update the BIOS to that version. Which you already know because that's why you are updating the BIOS to that version. LOL.

Just download the BIOS file, unzip the contents to a flash drive, open Instant flash in the BIOS and point it to your flash drive and update.

Solution

Kris Clark

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2015

Thank you so much Dark! I'll buy it right now.

Just read very carefully. I have one of their b350 boards and if you need to go into the bios and check the current version. At least on my board if you have a bios that’s before a certain version, they have a note on the website saying you have to install a certain bios version before you can update to the latest version.

I already did that for them. This board has no such warnings other than it being a good idea to make sure you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed before updating. And that isn't even stated on the ASRock BIOS page but it is a known recommendation when updating any AM4 board.

BTW, I've updated like three of this exact board this month to the latest version and all worked perfectly with 5600G CPUs installed afterwards.