Question Low GPU power while playing Metro Exodus - Enhanced Edition with GTX 3060 mobile 130 w

nz6666

Honorable
Oct 26, 2015
Update:

I installed and played Cyberpunk 2077 today and used the default graphic settings of ray tracing ultra at 1080 P, the fps is around 50 - 58 avg, not too bad actually. So it proves the GPU is ok, so I am pretty sure it's the Metro exodus enhanced edition somehow not utilizing the full power of the GPU.
----------------------------

Hi people,

I just started playing Metro Exodus - Enhanced Edition. I have found inconsistence GPU power used by this game. please refer to screen shot1, which has gpu power of only 54 watts and hence very low fps. In screen shot2, gpu power is 119 watts and hence much better fps. These are taken with the same system. Screen shot 3 shows in Witcher 3, the gpu power is also the normal at 125 watts and the fps is good. I have also tested with other games (red dead redemption 2, Metro 2033 etc ) and the gpu power is normally around 120 Watts and the fps are good as well. All the testing are done with power plugged in. It looks to me a software problem but I can't find anything useful on Internet so I am trying here. I really do love this game.

VRiUQj.jpg

vDsETH.jpg

ptff6q.jpg

Here is my laptop configurations: The GPU is Nvidia RTX 3060 mobile and has max power of 130 w.
Here is a detailed GPU spec:
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB GDDR6
Up to 1802MHz Boost Clock, 130W Maximum Graphics Power with Dynamic Boost.
*May vary by scenario
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP76-Leopard-10UX/Specification

pmywFnvNp

Last edited: