Jul 28, 2022
Hey, i just bought a new pc a few days ago:

Mobo: Gigabyte b660m Ac ddr4
Psu: Corsair cx 750m
(Idk if more info is necessary for an audio issue)
As for the headphones, the one's i use, worked great on my previous pc and present laptops, also i have multiple types of headphones from crappy brands to good one's but it doesn't matter because they're all giving the same low audio/volume.

I have tried several wired headphones on the pc but they still give that same low volume on games and videos (literally everything) and i have also tried those headphones on other pc and laptops where they give the good amount of sound as they should.
I have tried bluetooth/wireless headphones which gives better sound than those of wired.
I have tried all the audio jacks on the casing ( the front one and all the back one's) but they still give the same low sound.
I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, downloaded from the gigabyte website and also tried the drivers downloaded directly from Realtek website, which didn't make a difference.
Is it like that the audio jacks are not getting enough power?
Should i try Audio jack to usb converter adapter? Maybe the usb will get more power?

Hey, i just bought a new pc a few days ago:

Mobo: Gigabyte b660m Ac ddr4
Psu: Corsair cx 750m
(Idk if more info is necessary for an audio issue)
As for the headphones, the one's i use, worked great on my previous pc and present laptops, also i have multiple types of headphones from crappy brands to good one's but it doesn't matter because they're all giving the same low audio/volume.

I have tried several wired headphones on the pc but they still give that same low volume on games and videos (literally everything) and i have also tried those headphones on other pc and laptops where they give the good amount of sound as they should.
I have tried bluetooth/wireless headphones which gives better sound than those of wired.
I have tried all the audio jacks on the casing ( the front one and all the back one's) but they still give the same low sound.
I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, downloaded from the gigabyte website and also tried the drivers downloaded directly from Realtek website, which didn't make a difference.
Is it like that the audio jacks are not getting enough power?
Should i try Audio jack to usb converter adapter? Maybe the usb will get more power?
Just like microphones, headphones are sensitive to impedance matching in analog sound transmission. They are roughly divided into high and low impedance. Any mismatch some signal power loss as it loops between input and output.
Those adapters you mention are just a smaller or larger sound cards with own DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) with own amplifier also needing a driver and may not be even as good as your built in sound.
Now, you can get a good DAC, doesn't matter if USB, optical or digital connection to PC or just get a proper analog amplifier made for earphones.
If you search for those 2 categories you can find many of each.

TRENDING THREADS