Jul 29, 2019
i have a ryzen 5 2600x 3.8ghz and rtx 2060 16ram 2400mhz.
in games like csgo and r6 my cpu and gpu stucks at 20% but in benchmarks the same system uses 60% of cpu. ive updated my bios and drivers but didnt worked. they have like 300 fps i have 200-220. btw is ram mhz too important that will make 100fps boost most of the benchmarks are using 3000mhz mine is 2400. plz help me i dont think is bottleneck. :(

Yes, RYZEN CPUs rely heavily on the system Memory/RAM's frequency. They DO indeed benefit from a higher clocked mem freq value kit, though, this shouldn't make a very HUGE impact on overall game performance, IMO.

BTW, CSGO is a CPU-bound game. Which Power supply unit do you have ? Play some graphic demanding games on your PC. On what Screen RES are you playing, 1080p ?

Reactions: selman78

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What settings are you using? For a title like CS:GO, it's CPU dependent more than anything else - and limited on core support IIRC?
Your best bet would be to turn up in game settings, opposed to lower. Chances are your framerate would be very similar, at higher settings.

Ryzen likes fast RAM, but it's not going to be a +50% gain. It's be measureable, absolutely... but that's not why you're comparing 300FPS vs 200FPS.

What 'benchmarks' are you comparing to?

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, RYZEN CPUs rely heavily on the system Memory/RAM's frequency. They DO indeed benefit from a higher clocked mem freq values, though, this shouldn't make a very HUGE impact on overall game performance, IMO.

BTW, CSGO is a CPU-bound game. Which Power supply unit do you have ?

i have a enermax maxpro 600w

Jul 29, 2019
What settings are you using? For a title like CS:GO, it's CPU dependent more than anything else - and limited on core support IIRC?
Your best bet would be to turn up in game settings, opposed to lower. Chances are your framerate would be very similar, at higher settings.

Ryzen likes fast RAM, but it's not going to be a +50% gain. It's be measureable, absolutely... but that's not why you're comparing 300FPS vs 200FPS.

What 'benchmarks' are you comparing to?
my setting are all low but still getting 200-220fps. im comparing with low settings.