[SOLVED] M.2 SSD doesnt show up in BIOS and in windows 10 installation

Oct 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
so I have decided to upgrade my pc with m.2 SSD (Samsung Evo 970 500Gb), I want the ssd to be my new boot drive, but it doesn't show up during the installation process of windows 10 (I have usb from Microsoft with windows 10). I have MSI B250 gaming m3 motherboord and it detects it BIOS, but without UEFI mark. Im just guessing that this is the problem.

I have tried both slots, I updated BIOS and my hdd is unplugged and still doesn't show up.

15VNd81.jpg

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you!

Solution
Some have the opposite problem. Their m.2 doesn't show up in BIOS but Windows Installation finds it and shows it. In your case its showing in BIOS. Personally I would go to BIOS and choose restore to opitimized defaults as I don't know if you have fingered your BIOS or not. You should be on UEFI and take into consideration what rgd1101 mod said.🤷‍♀️🎗👶

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Some have the opposite problem. Their m.2 doesn't show up in BIOS but Windows Installation finds it and shows it. In your case its showing in BIOS. Personally I would go to BIOS and choose restore to opitimized defaults as I don't know if you have fingered your BIOS or not. You should be on UEFI and take into consideration what rgd1101 mod said.🤷‍♀️🎗👶

Solution