Question Major stuttering in most newer games with rx6700 xt

Sep 14, 2024
Anyone know how to fix this type of frame dropping? Right now it seems to be caused by either recording (I am using the radeon software to record) or the Lossless Scaling app which triggers the stuttering almost instantly, but sometimes it happens randomly and I have to restart the game. AUDIO WARNING!!!
Edit: Sorry, it's my first time posting here. These are my full specs:
CPU: i5 11400F
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H510M
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz (8GB x2)
SSD/HDD: Kingston NV1 1TB M.2
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
PSU: NJoy Alpha 650 (had it for about 8 months)
Monitor:
1.AOC 24G1WG4
2. Samsung S24R35x
BIOS version: FE
View: https://imgur.com/a/dqCedXv

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Is this issue on just Left 4 Dead or on other titles? As for the GPU, is this an upgrade to an older GPU? If so, please state the make and model of your prior GPU.

Sep 14, 2024
Right now I'm encountering this issue in the Dead Space Remake, but i've also been experiencing it in other demanding games. Before I used to have a GTX 1660 TI and never had issues with it. When I first bought my rx 6700 xt I didn't experience any stuttering problems for the first couple of months. The stuttering began like 4 or 5 months ago which makes me think it's a software issue.

Last edited:
What might have changed since 4/5 months ago when all was well?
Could you use system restore to reset back to then?

Check for malware or a virus.

Look at your program installed list and remove recently installed apps or any others that you do not recognize or need.

Sep 14, 2024
What might have changed since 4/5 months ago when all was well?
Could you use system restore to reset back to then?

Check for malware or a virus.

Look at your program installed list and remove recently installed apps or any others that you do not recognize or need.
It's likely not that cause I reinstalled windows several times and still had this issue.