Question Make ssd boot drive without losing files already on the ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2022
You don't.

Now...give us some details about the system.
What drives, what is on what, etc, etc.....

Details, please.
Now windows can’t find the programs I have installed. Any way to make it search for programs? Stuff like do studio and steam are installed on my drives but windows can’t find them.

Jan 23, 2022
Step by step, what did you do from having a working system to where it is now.

Details, please.
Basically my graphics card died and I thought it was a system issue, but after some digging, my pc stopped booting and was saying “process critical died”. I think this is because I moved my pc from an old system to a new one without installing windows first. So anyways, I then got a different empty hard drive and installed fresh windows. Now with all three drives in, the freshie, the ssd, and my hard drive which was my boot drive on both systems, my pc doesn’t show anything that it used to have. The only thing that works is <Mod Edit> steam games and I can’t find the .exe for my music software and blender and my video edition even though I know they exist. I tried just straight up copying the files in file explorer from my boot drive to make this work, but some files wouldn’t go…

Jan 23, 2022
Basically my graphics card died and I thought it was a system issue, but after some digging, my pc stopped booting and was saying “process critical died”. I think this is because I moved my pc from an old system to a new one without installing windows first. So anyways, I then got a different empty hard drive and installed fresh windows. Now with all three drives in, the freshie, the ssd, and my hard drive which was my boot drive on both systems, my pc doesn’t show anything that it used to have. The only thing that works is <Mod Edit> steam games and I can’t find the .exe for my music software and blender and my video edition even though I know they exist. I tried just straight up copying the files in file explorer from my boot drive to make this work, but some files wouldn’t go…
Idk if I can use a file copier like Macrium or boot upper to do this either because it’s system files and also it would overwrite what I already have…

USAFRet

Titan
Regarding moving to a new platform, you need to do a full OS reinstall.
As you did.

After that, you also need to reinstall all your applications.
You can't simply bring them over from the old install, nor will Macrium work for this.

Full reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.