11sphere92

Distinguished
Hello guys,
Since i've been not active much at this forum like for several years,

My Budget is 2000$ If possible.

I need help to setting a new rig for mainly for (Video Rendering would not be heavy) Since mainly im going to make youtube videos with only Sound and Screen Record.
  • Youtube
  • Light Gaming
What i need
  • 2 Monitors
  • Cool Casing (Colourful)
  • SSD 1TB / 2TB
  • WIFI Onboard
  • Mic (For youtube)
  • Others for a Rig (RAM, CPU, GPU, Motherboard, etc)
I dont need
  • Windows
  • Perpiherals (Keyboard, Mouse)
Regards
Sphere

Last edited:
Solution
My budget is 2k?

Monitor= 400$

Mic = ? less than 100 i guess

GPU = 500$?

Or maybe 1TB SSD so GPU can be 600$?

Yeah i need the "estimate" from pcpartpicker, and was asking here. Because im not update with the new GPU / CPU / etc atm.
And im willing to stretch my budget if its more "Value" ...
Keep in mind the GPU is gonna be like half your budget. A $500 GPU would be like a 1660 or something. Here is a build for $2550 AUD. Its got a 3060 ti, a 12700k, and 32 gigs of ram.
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GHdyDc

11sphere92

Distinguished
The 2 monitors would be a big chunk of it.

What size do they need to be? One for gaming and one for Youtube or? Can they be identical?

At this moment i have a 27" Samsung (I can use or i can change it to another one)
The size would be okay if its identical like 27" and 27"

The gaming would be light and not be a used everyday (Since this PC is mainly for work (Youtube)). Dual monitor was actually so i can edit video + doing something else (might be gaming but im okay with normal graphic, as long as not very low).

Oh yeah i changed the budget (Since i need dual monitor i adds another 500$ for it.)

*Edit 1080p monitor would be okay

Thank You

Last edited:
Your "need list" does not include:

RAM
CPU
CPU cooler
Power Supply
Case fans

Needed or not?

Are you a card-carrying member of either the AMD or Intel parties?

SSDs: do you care about the "latest and fastest" or whether the SSDs are NVMe or SATA or M.2 or 2.5 inch?

11sphere92

Distinguished
Your "need list" does not include:

RAM
CPU
CPU cooler
Power Supply
Case fans

Needed or not?

Are you a card-carrying member of either the AMD or Intel parties?

SSDs: do you care about the "latest and fastest" or whether the SSDs are NVMe or SATA or M.2 or 2.5 inch?

Thank you for your response.
I edited and yes i do need them for a RIG (RAM, CPU, CPU Cooler, GPU, PSU, etc)

About SSD, i don't really care, im more of a Value Guy. I hope this RIG can be upgraded as well later on.

I have NO idea how much CPU horsepower you might need for youtube stuff. I'd guess not much.

"Light gaming". Someone else will want to know what that means. Video cards are very expensive currently, but you may not need one--depending on the definition of "light gaming".

I assume "SSD 1 TB / 2 TB" means 2 drives, one of each size. Or not?

Likely no more than 16 GB of DDR4 RAM.

If you get up near the top of your budget, you may have to compromise.....maybe on monitors, maybe on motherboard features that you don't need. Think about where you could cut back.

M.2 NVMe drives may turn out to be a luxury that you could easily do without. Maybe you don't need a motherboard with more than 1 M.2 port. Boards with say 3 of those tend to be pricey.

I'd likely tend to spend as much on raw CPU horsepower as possible, cutting back somewhere else if necessary. That would give you a little advantage for nearly any task.

11sphere92

Distinguished
I have NO idea how much CPU horsepower you might need for youtube stuff. I'd guess not much.

"Light gaming". Someone else will want to know what that means. Video cards are very expensive currently, but you may not need one--depending on the definition of "light gaming".

I assume "SSD 1 TB / 2 TB" means 2 drives, one of each size. Or not?

Likely no more than 16 GB of DDR4 RAM.

If you get up near the top of your budget, you may have to compromise.....maybe on monitors, maybe on motherboard features that you don't need. Think about where you could cut back.

M.2 NVMe drives may turn out to be a luxury that you could easily do without. Maybe you don't need a motherboard with more than 1 M.2 port. Boards with say 3 of those tend to be pricey.

I'd likely tend to spend as much on raw CPU horsepower as possible, cutting back somewhere else if necessary. That would give you a little advantage for nearly any task.

Ok i'll cut about the "Gaming". i'll just use this pc mainly for youtube. (this is what i need to know as well haha) since i dont really know whats the budget for a Youtube PC.

SSD min 1TB, if possible and have a budget then 2TB would be great.

Here's a very rough guide.

Maybe go to PCpartpicker.com and cobble something together that we could pick apart.

200 motherboard; possibly micro ATX?

250 cpu; maybe an upper level Intel i-5 from the last 2 generations (11000 and 12000 series)

100 cooler and 2 case fans

75 to 100 for 16 GB of DDR4 RAM

75 to 100 power supply; 550 watts maximum; high quality

75 to 100 case

190 for a 2 TB SATA SSD; Crucial MX500; 1 TB model is 93

That’s 868 to 1040.

Remainder for monitors, mike, and video card.

11sphere92

Distinguished
Here's a very rough guide.

Maybe go to PCpartpicker.com and cobble something together that we could pick apart.

200 motherboard; possibly micro ATX?

250 cpu; maybe an upper level Intel i-5 from the last 2 generations (11000 and 12000 series)

100 cooler and 2 case fans

75 to 100 for 16 GB of DDR4 RAM

75 to 100 power supply; 550 watts maximum; high quality

75 to 100 case

190 for a 2 TB SATA SSD; Crucial MX500; 1 TB model is 93

That’s 868 to 1040.

Remainder for monitors, mike, and video card.

My budget is 2k?

Monitor= 400$

GPU = 500$?

Yeah i need the "estimate" from pcpartpicker, and was asking here. Because im not update with the new GPU / CPU / etc atm.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
My budget is 2k?

Monitor= 400$

GPU = 500$?

Keep in mind the GPU is gonna be like half your budget. A $500 GPU would be like a 1660 or something. Here is a build for $2550 AUD. Its got a 3060 ti, a 12700k, and 32 gigs of ram.
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GHdyDc

Solution