Man Conned Out of Millions for ''Virus Protection''

Status
Not open for further replies.

random_guy417

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I can understand the normal $50 or so for a fake anti-virus, but seriously, $6 million... Wouldn't you look something up or get a second opinion before spending this kind of money, even if you're not computer savvy?

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]snotling[/nom]well, there ARE some stupid people out there and it is our duty to exploit them![/citation]

That's Norton AV in a nutshell.

Holy mother of.....normally I would make some comment about all the low life cheats in the world, but if you are so...so...I don't even know what to call you, but it goes way beyond "stupid" to fall for this, then you are getting you just rewards.

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]They deserved it. Rich people should get conned. They con people to make their millions[/citation]

Not all rich people con others, some work damn hard for their money (and no, I'm not rich, not even averagely wealthy). He didn't deserve to be conned but he is a total F'ing idiot for believing all that bs.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]They deserved it. Rich people should get conned. They con people to make their millions[/citation]
It doesn't appear you read far enough into the article to see that this millionaire is a musician. Kinda hard to con people out of money when they are buying your music out of their own free will.

lukeeu

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
From there, Bedi learned that the virus was linked to Polish priests who were tied to the conservative Roman Catholic organization Opus Dei. This organization had plans to harm Mr. Davidson.
This is actually serious. They have ties with the Spanish Inquisition and strike when you least expect them.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I would accuse him of deserving it despite knowing absolutely nothing of his character (like others before me), but now I wonder how a musician acquired 6 million...

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
That's odd.....I figured it would have been a nigerian antivirus that protected him - the kind that is so good their royalty uses it

G

Mr. Davidson, 58, knows music, not necessarily computers. A pianist, he is president and founder of a nonprofit sacred-music group in Katonah, N.Y., where he lives. He is also the great-grandson and the great-grandnephew of the two brothers who founded Schlumberger Ltd., the giant oilfield-services company.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
This is the most burning stupid I have seen in quite some time, and I work in a corporate office. Scammers are scum, but seriously, this guy... I have a very hard time feeling sorry for him.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]It doesn't appear you read far enough into the article to see that this millionaire is a musician. Kinda hard to con people out of money when they are buying your music out of their own free will.[/citation]

***Roger Davidson, heir to the Schlumberger oil fortune. He did not earn his money, he inherited it.

Status
Not open for further replies.