[SOLVED] MB died :( Could you please recommend one

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
Asrock h97 pro4 died today. CPU is i5, 4th generation.

I know it s old. But I don't want to throw away or invest lots of money at least for an year.

I use this for mainly general purpose, occasionally I use Adobe programs. No games at all.
My budget is $100 +-

Solution
Yep. I5-4690 is Devils Canyon, Lga1150 is for Haswell/Devils Canyon cpus. B85 is Devils Canyon motherboard. It is perfect match.

It's ebay, no guarantee the motherboard is perfect or even wotks, but is the correct motherboard for your cpu.

WildCard999

Titan
Reactions: phyle5

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Word of caution about using aliexpress atm. They are not in the US. With covid-19 restrictions, shipping is problematic at best and wait times for anything are beyond rediculous. I've got parts from aliexpress that were delivered to the airline a month ago and have as yet not even been scanned as arrived in US customs.

Same applies from 3rd party sellers such as the newegg link above, shipping from China, that's a retro motherboard built by companies using out of patent production and there's no recourse for warranty like found with major brand items. If they are even new production chipsets and not recapped/refurbished items (disclaimer that the mobo may not look like the picture)

About the only place to get a reasonably priced replacement will be ebay as the lga1150 chipsets used on 4th gen motherboards are no longer in production, so any New items are really New Old Stock and supply/demand makes prices rediculously high. You can easily get charged over $300 for a 'New' (NOS) 4th Gen motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: phyle5

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yep. Sure is. Any chipset that says lga1150 is compatible. B85, H97, Z97 all good. B81, H87, Z87 might require bios update depending on exactly which i5 cpu you have. If i5-467** you are good, if i5-469** then might need bios update, depending on exact date of manufacture of the motherboard.

But yes, Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3V /Plus is good as is for any 4thGen, lga1150 cpu.

phyle5

Reputable
May 29, 2020
Yep. Sure is. Any chipset that says lga1150 is compatible. B85, H97, Z97 all good. B81, H87, Z87 might require bios update depending on exactly which i5 cpu you have. If i5-467** you are good, if i5-469** then might need bios update, depending on exact date of manufacture of the motherboard.

But yes, Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3V /Plus is good as is for any 4thGen, lga1150 cpu.

Its i5-4690 3.5GHz

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yep. I5-4690 is Devils Canyon, Lga1150 is for Haswell/Devils Canyon cpus. B85 is Devils Canyon motherboard. It is perfect match.

It's ebay, no guarantee the motherboard is perfect or even wotks, but is the correct motherboard for your cpu.

Solution