Nov 18, 2019
Hello.

I was recently trying to update my bios on a Lenovo laptop. It didn't update coz the bios mode needs to be in UEFI.

So i have to go through MBR 2 GPT so that i could switch to UEFI.

My first attempt failed coz i had 4 mbr partitions on my only one installed hard disk. So i deleted the system recovery drive.

Now i have another problem coz mb2gpt is not working coz now im missing the spr partition.

I have no clue what to do now. I would like ur help do the conversion and eventually update the bios.

https://ibb.co/Yc7yfdJ DISK
https://ibb.co/8008St0 LOGS
https://ibb.co/fSHy9Qd Detailed LOGS

Lutfij

Titan
Simply put, you should back up all content onto a donor system/drive and then start anew with your HDD. Windows 10 should've installed in GPT format but it also looks like you didn't enable UEFI mode in your laptop's BIOS. Which Lenovo are you working with? You should be able to update the BIOS from within the BIOS screen and not use an executable(that needs the OSes GUI).

FYI, I'm fairly certain your laptop has provision to add an SSD. If that were to be true you could just have the 1TB as a single large storage drive and worry on managing the OS off one drive(SSD).

Nov 18, 2019
Simply put, you should back up all content onto a donor system/drive and then start anew with your HDD. Windows 10 should've installed in GPT format but it also looks like you didn't enable UEFI mode in your laptop's BIOS. Which Lenovo are you working with? You should be able to update the BIOS from within the BIOS screen and not use an executable(that needs the OSes GUI).

FYI, I'm fairly certain your laptop has provision to add an SSD. If that were to be true you could just have the 1TB as a single large storage drive and worry on managing the OS off one drive(SSD).

Thanks for your reply.
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 510-15IKB

So i am updating my BIOS because as i researched, there is a common problem on those lenovos that have an outdated BIOS, which is that CPU speed is going 0.4GHZ maximum when using the laptop on DC or battery. This is frustrating as i always use the laptop without an AC power.

Now, i dont want to go with the trouble of resetting the windows , also as i understood from your reply , u want me to install a new fresh windows copy.
Also , i tried to switch from BIOS to UEFI in the BIOS, but after my laptop couldnt boot to windows. SO thats why I then head into MBR to GPT to fix that problem , then switch to UEFI and attempt to update the bios, and thus eventually updating that bios to fix the CPU throttling by itself on DC.

Yes there is a slot for SSD in my laptop but i cant get a SSD currently. So i wanna fix the HDD.

Therefore, i would like to have a solution or maybe another suggestions than getting an SSD, or wiping out my data.

Nov 18, 2019

Please i need the help :)