Meaning of Cursor Arrow/Disc Icon Combo

I am used to seeing the Cursor Arrow/Hourglass combo, but have
recently started seeing momentary occurrences a Cursor Arrow/Disc
Icon combo. Can someone explain what this means?
Thank you.
Frank

"frank1492" <frank1492@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I am used to seeing the Cursor Arrow/Hourglass combo, but have
> recently started seeing momentary occurrences a Cursor Arrow/Disc
> Icon combo. Can someone explain what this means?
> Thank you.
> Frank

You've got a disk in the D drive that it's accessing.

I'm sure you're right, but it's just a set of .jpg images and
not intentionally being accessed. The access times seem
random. (Anyway, I'll remove it and that should be the end
of it. Thanks for your help.)
Frank

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:47:50 -0600, "D.Currie"
<dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"frank1492" <frank1492@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>I am used to seeing the Cursor Arrow/Hourglass combo, but have
>> recently started seeing momentary occurrences a Cursor Arrow/Disc
>> Icon combo. Can someone explain what this means?
>> Thank you.
>> Frank
>
>You've got a disk in the D drive that it's accessing.

That was supposed to say "CD" but I guess you got it.

Depending on what services/programs you have running, the computer may be
randomly accessing that drive. Could be your AV software that's triggering
it, for example. Usually I only see that icon when I first insert a CD, but
I don't normally leave any in the drive because then that's the one I'm
running around looking for and can't find.