Question Mic not working in B450 Tomahawk Max, Windows 10

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

I have built a new PC few days ago and when I tried talking to my friends during gaming session, my mic just won't work.

I am using B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard with windows 10 on it, on the front panel, my mobo has two port named mic and spk. When I tried my headphones on the two ports Windows doesn't recognize any sounds I made when the mic is plugged in (bar doesn't move), on the mic port it only recognizes short static sound when my 3.5mm jack is plugged in or out, same on the rear mic port. However, microphone is recognized as plugged in and I have tried several headphones, so it's not microphone problem. I have also tried rear rear mic port. I updated windows and drivers, but to no avail.

What could possibly be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Sep 7, 2019
Windows Settings/Privacy/Microphone

Check to see if the slider is on. Additionally check to see if your "app" is listed below as there may be another slider there too.
I've already checked all the settings in windows and grant access for all apps listed in the settings... I can't find any problems in the windows..

Sep 7, 2019
Need more info.
What model headphones?
2 wires from headphones with mic or one? If one you need a splitter to separate headphone and mic connectors.
Like this.
https://www.newegg.com/black-vention-1ft-stereo-cables/p/1BJ-007A-00005?Description=headphone JACK&cm_re=headphone_JACK--9SIAKER9E19131--Product
Sorry, I just can't find the model of my headphone but it has a single 3.5mm stereo jack... I also thought that's the problem... if I buy a splitter, do you think it will solve the problem? Or should I buy another wireless headphone or a headphone with usb?

Jun 23, 2020
I wanna know too if the splitter has worked, got the same problem here. My friends on the other side can't hear me.
But they can hear me in a very LOW volume if I speak really loud ( Have to be damn loud ).
All the permission s are given ...

TRENDING THREADS