Aug 15, 2022
Hello. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 [16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 4600HS, and NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti]. It's been less than a year, and my laptop was performing very well, and I had no issues with it. But I've been experiencing micro-stuttering in games for the last two days. I've tried on three games(WWE 2K22, Stray, and Marvel's Spiderman Remastered ), and this issue seems to be there on every one of them. Although the temperatures are high(see screenshots), this has always been the case. Also, for some reason, the device's volume is excellent when listening to Spotify, but when I play a game, it becomes way lower. 30% volume on Spotify is much higher than 30% in games. I've tried some things to solve this, like reinstalling Windows 11, downgrading to Windows 10, Removing NVIDIA drivers with DDU, and reinstalling them. None of them is working. I cleaned the fans, and applied thermal paste, but sadly, no luck. I tried running the game on iGPU, and the games run smooth with no stuttering. So I'm convinced this has something to do with GPU. I read somewhere that a possible solution to this is turning off XMP in BIOS, but I couldn't find the option on my laptop. I've run out of patience trying to solve this. Please assist me.

Last edited:
Hello. I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 [16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 4600HS, and NVIDIA GTX 1650Ti]. It's been less than a year, and my laptop was performing very well, and I had no issues with it. But I've been experiencing micro-stuttering in games for the last two days. I've tried on three games(WWE 2K22, Stray, and Marvel's Spiderman Remastered ), and this issue seems to be there on every one of them. Although the temperatures are high(see screenshots), this has always been the case. Also, for some reason, the device's volume is excellent when listening to Spotify, but when I play a game, it becomes way lower. 30% volume on Spotify is much higher than 30% in games. I've tried some things to solve this, like reinstalling Windows 11, downgrading to Windows 10, Removing NVIDIA drivers with DDU, and reinstalling them. None of them is working. I cleaned the fans, and applied thermal paste, but sadly, no luck. I tried running the game on iGPU, and the games run smooth with no stuttering. So I'm convinced this has something to do with GPU. I read somewhere that a possible solution to this is turning off XMP in BIOS, but I couldn't find the option on my laptop. I've run out of patience trying to solve this. Please assist me.
When you bought the PC other then installing the GPU drives did you also update the bios, install the chipset drivers, and other proper drivers, when you booted the system did it ask you if you wanted to install any Asus assistant for drivers and things if so did you install it?

What's the model number of your laptop

Aug 15, 2022
When you bought the PC other then installing the GPU drives did you also update the bios, install the chipset drivers, and other proper drivers, when you booted the system did it ask you if you wanted to install any Asus assistant for drivers and things if so did you install it?
I didn't update the BIOS manually, but yes it was updated automatically through MyASUS. Yes, the ASUS assisstant i.e., MyASUS got installed from Microsoft Store.

I don't see any improvements. Games still stuttering. I recorded a video to show what exactly is happening - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNr1Jg-kNvw-T_pFuvjuhFVMskWz8F8f/view?usp=sharing
This seems like a memory error, have you tried looking for docp in your bios, you have a Ryzen it won't be labeled xmp. Ryzen chipset label it docp and most of the time it actually needs to be enabled not disabled. And chipset work better with it on. However if it is auto set on I guess try with it off

Aug 15, 2022
This seems like a memory error, have you tried looking for docp in your bios, you have a Ryzen it won't be labeled xmp. Ryzen chipset label it docp and most of the time it actually needs to be enabled not disabled. And chipset work better with it on. However if it is auto set on I guess try with it off
I don't have AI Tweaker option in my BIOS. Screenshot of BIOS - https://postimg.cc/HJnS7JVw

Aug 15, 2022
So saddly it sounds like the os drive is having a issue or the GPU is on its way out, power issue, there's a few things but hard to trace without having the PC in front of me. Have you tried playing with the power cable plugged in I don't remember
I never play games on my laptop without plugging in the power cable.
As the volume has also decreased, I think it has something to do with the GPU.