Aug 28, 2022
I recently built a computer and am constantly getting the BSOD "Microcode Revision Mismatch" whenever I try to install windows. I can sit in the BIOS as long as i want without any problems. I updated the bios to the latest version and have cleared the bios. I have also tried several different boots. I am pretty lost. Since there isn't windows installed don it my troubleshooting is limited to the bios.

PC SPECS
  • Intel i7-11700F
  • MSI MAG B560 TORPEDO
  • Kingston 3200Mhz ram 2x8
  • GeForce RTX 3060
  • 1Tb M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10

microcode mismatch is when some of your CPU cores are using one set of microcodes and few other CPU cores are using another microcode set
CPU microcode is stored in bios and with P and E cores i could imagine why would there be mismatch
looking at google some people reports enabling secure boot can cause it aswell
you could also disable E cores in bios
other than that, contact MSI

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you make a new windows 10 installer?
One or more processors in the multiprocessor configuration have inconsistent microcode loaded. This bugcheck indicates that faulty system firmware has mistakenly applied a microcode update to only a subset of processors in the host configuration. System firmware must apply microcode updates to all processors in a uniform fashion.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi.../bug-check-0x17e--microcode-revision-mismatch

its possible flashing BIOS again would fix it.