JelkoBG

Prominent
Jul 8, 2022
Hello, I'm trying to get audio from my monitor to my PC. My idea is to get my consoles audio from my monitor and send it to my PC. The way I do it is I plug 3,5mm cable in my monitor 3,5mm port for headphones, and I plug the other end in my pc microphone jack. This way I get audio from my monitor. My issue is that I have constant buzzing noise which is quite loud. I think the issue is from bad ground. I tried plugging the 3,5mm cable in my controller and there is no buzzing. I tried using headphones with my monitor and there is no buzzing . Any ideas what to do?

Hello, I'm trying to get audio from my monitor to my PC. My idea is to get my consoles audio from my monitor and send it to my PC. The way I do it is I plug 3,5mm cable in my monitor 3,5mm port for headphones, and I plug the other end in my pc microphone jack. This way I get audio from my monitor. My issue is that I have constant buzzing noise which is quite loud. I think the issue is from bad ground. I tried plugging the 3,5mm cable in my controller and there is no buzzing. I tried using headphones with my monitor and there is no buzzing . Any ideas what to do?
It sounds like you are creating a loop by connecting the monitor to the PC. Where is this monitor and is it already connected to the PC system; or is it separate from the PC system and not connected to the PC. If it is already connected to the PC then you're looping the sound back to the PC and could damage it. If the monitor is separate from the PC system and not connected to the PC then it would be best to use the PC's Line-In input connector and not the microphone port. The microphone port is designed for low signal level devices and that is not what you have.

JelkoBG

Prominent
Jul 8, 2022
It sounds like you are creating a loop by connecting the monitor to the PC. Where is this monitor and is it already connected to the PC system; or is it separate from the PC system and not connected to the PC. If it is already connected to the PC then you're looping the sound back to the PC and could damage it. If the monitor is separate from the PC system and not connected to the PC then it would be best to use the PC's Line-In input connector and not the microphone port. The microphone port is designed for low signal level devices and that is not what you have.
Thanks a lot, when I'm playing on my consoles the monitor is connected to my PC trough the 3,5mm cable nothing else. I never actually knew that the blue 3,5mm port is audio in. Can't try it out now but it will probably fix the issue.

Last edited:

JelkoBG

Prominent
Jul 8, 2022
Well it didn't solve the issue. I tried installing realtek audio manager, the buzzing noise is coming from the recording volume. The monitor is the issue. When I turn it off, the buzzing is still here but if I unplug the power cable the buzzing dissappear. I guess I will have to get new monitor which I was already planing m

Well it didn't solve the issue. I tried installing realtek audio manager, the buzzing noise is coming from the recording volume. The monitor is the issue. When I turn it off, the buzzing is still here but if I unplug the power cable the buzzing dissappear. I guess I will have to get new monitor which I was already planing m
I still don't understand what you are trying to do and it still sounds like to me that you're creating a loop which causes the buzzing. You say "I'm trying to get audio from my monitor to my PC" Precisely what is this monitor, where is it, what is it connected to, what are these consoles, and how is all of this equipment connected. Are you trying to route the sound from your PC's monitor back into your PC? That would be a loop back which causes the buzzing. A more detailed explanation of all of your equipment setup and how its all connected together may help resolve the problem.

JelkoBG

Prominent
Jul 8, 2022
I still don't understand what you are trying to do and it still sounds like to me that you're creating a loop which causes the buzzing. You say "I'm trying to get audio from my monitor to my PC" Precisely what is this monitor, where is it, what is it connected to, what are these consoles, and how is all of this equipment connected. Are you trying to route the sound from your PC's monitor back into your PC? That would be a loop back which causes the buzzing. A more detailed explanation of all of your equipment setup and how its all connected together may help resolve the problem.
My PC is connected to my monitor with hdmi splitter. The hdmi splitter is 5 in 1. I have 4 consoles (PS2, PS3, PS5 and Xbox One X) connected to the splitter and my PC is connected to the splitter too. When I play on one of the consoles the sound from the console is going to the monitor. The monitor have 2 ports. One for audio in and one for headphones. The thing I do is that I use cable to connect the monitor 3,5mm headphones port to my pc audio in. Then when I play on my consoles I use VoiceMeeter on my PC to play the sound coming from the monitor headphones port on my wireless earbuds. The idea is to get the sound from my consoles to my PC and then play it on my earbuds. The only thing I think will fix the issue is using hdmi audio extractor.

Last edited:
My PC is connected to my monitor with hdmi splitter. The hdmi splitter is 5 in 1. I have 4 consoles (PS2, PS3, PS5 and Xbox One X) connected to the splitter and my PC is connected to the splitter too. When I play on one of the consoles the sound from the console is going to the monitor. The monitor have 2 ports. One for audio in and one for headphones. The thing I do is that I use cable to connect the monitor 3,5mm headphones port to my pc audio in. Then on my PC when I play on my consoles I use VoiceMeeter to play the sound coming from the monitor headphones port on my wireless earbuds. The idea is to get the sound from my consoles to my PC and then play it on my earbuds.
So if I understand your setup, you're using your PC to convert the monitor sound output to bluetooth so it plays on your earbuds. This still sounds like a loopback problem to me. Perhaps if you could get an external bluetooth device that you would connect to the monitor's headphone output that would connect to the earbuds without getting the PC involved that might work better. The ideal but costly alternative would be a monitor that outputs its audio directly to your earbuds but I have no idea how much that might cost.

My PC is connected to my monitor with hdmi splitter. The hdmi splitter is 5 in 1. I have 4 consoles (PS2, PS3, PS5 and Xbox One X) connected to the splitter and my PC is connected to the splitter too. When I play on one of the consoles the sound from the console is going to the monitor. The monitor have 2 ports. One for audio in and one for headphones. The thing I do is that I use cable to connect the monitor 3,5mm headphones port to my pc audio in. Then when I play on my consoles I use VoiceMeeter on my PC to play the sound coming from the monitor headphones port on my wireless earbuds. The idea is to get the sound from my consoles to my PC and then play it on my earbuds. The only thing I think will fix the issue is using hdmi audio extractor.
I saw some of these devices on amazon and I wonder if you plugged one into the headphone jack on your monitor if it would connect to your earbuds:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headphon...+bluetooth,aps,147&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_27

JelkoBG

Prominent
Jul 8, 2022
I saw some of these devices on amazon and I wonder if you plugged one into the headphone jack on your monitor if it would connect to your earbuds:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=headphone+jack+to+bluetooth+transmitter&crid=1W7VD0LJYI9PI&sprefix=headphone+jack+to+bluetooth,aps,147&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_27
I have one but these are made to send sound, not receive. I recently got Samsung Odyssey G5 and it fixed the issue. I don't have any buzzing or static sound now.

Reactions: dwd999