Microsoft Boasts 90,000,000 Windows 7 Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Haha, very good Microsoft. I love you!! A very big fan here.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]iKuraf[/nom]Haha, very good Microsoft. I love you!! A very big fan here.[/citation]
No offence, but being a big "fan" of a corporation is kind of... sad.

90M is quite impressive. I wonder if this includes technet subscriptions (I assume so).

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
It's really too difficult to find out how many individual copies of an Operating System Microsoft sells because they don't release they information, or at least not as regularly. Most of their figures include copies that came preloaded on PC's which over 300 Million Windows based devices ship each year so you have to assume given the statistics of PC's and split up the stats with each operating system.

For example if 1 Billion PC's are out there and Microsoft dominates 90% of the market share then 900 million out of ever 1 billion are running their OS and then split that 900 million but he percentage of each OS Microsoft claims it has penetrated. It's completely complicated and inaccurate but MS doesn't keep tabs on this especially if you count entire networks it just gets lost in translation. Last I checked Windows 7 broke the 7% over a month ago so I am sure they are close to 10%+ of all PC users by now probably closer to 15%. I would assume 40-50% by the end of this year.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]Good job MS, its a nice solid OS.[/citation]

Agreed. It's good to see MS putting out a good operating system.

[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]No offence, but being a big "fan" of a corporation is kind of... sad.90M is quite impressive. I wonder if this includes technet subscriptions (I assume so).[/citation]
Probably. There's quite a lot of MSDNAA/MSDN/TechNet,etc accounts out there.

G

I love over hyped rubbish.
No real figures. just sales pitch.. They all do it.

Rather sad

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]I smell a new caption of the day for this photoSteve: YEAH YEAH, MUSIC ON A CD YEAH[/citation]
!!!!!! Ok, that was pretty funny.

G

I love over hyped rubbish.
Nothing true there.
They all do it.

G

1.5 million sold and 88.5 million pre installed is more like it. Who`s dum enough to buy Win 7 when XP is still faster and Win 8 just around the corner??

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Wish it were cheaper... been holding off on my HTPC... upgrade versions don't cut it and I'm past tired of paying 100+ for an OS. And since I've given up on bluray (don't get me started on that crap) I may just move to myth or another linux flavor. stable, solid and free. Now thats the right mix!

Status
Not open for further replies.