Sep 13, 2020
Hey guys. I'll buy GTX 1650 Super in a few days and I want to use it with my old VGA only monitor over HDMI to VGA active adapter. Is it gonna work? I read something like "new modern GPUs can't work together with old monitors 'cause of them drivers." I mean, I know it will decrease the refresh rate and maybe quality a bit but it's okay for me.

So, it would be awesome if you'll help me out.

Peace

Solution
Didn't get it, can you explain me how to check it or how to make sure that it will send the right resolution?
You can't check it until you get the card, windows might recognise the monitor and use a low resolution but it might not.
Don't worry about it, in the worst case you can boot up into safe mode and change the resolution.
Or if you have a cpu with integrated gpu you can switch to that to configure the 1650.
The problem is with how windows will recognize things, if windows only sees the adapter as hdmi and applies 1080p resolution then your monitor might not be able to display that at all, an adapter even an active one will not lower the resolution, so you will have to make sure that windows only sends a resolution that the monitor can handle.

Sep 13, 2020
The problem is with how windows will recognize things, if windows only sees the adapter as hdmi and applies 1080p resolution then your monitor might not be able to display that at all, an adapter even an active one will not lower the resolution, so you will have to make sure that windows only sends a resolution that the monitor can handle.

Didn't get it, can you explain me how to check it or how to make sure that it will send the right resolution?

You can't check it until you get the card, windows might recognise the monitor and use a low resolution but it might not.
Don't worry about it, in the worst case you can boot up into safe mode and change the resolution.
Or if you have a cpu with integrated gpu you can switch to that to configure the 1650.

Solution
Sep 13, 2020
Oh okay so it's not a deal breaker situation. Thanks!

Latest posts