Hi, I'm new to this forum as I usually try and solve problems one my own
but this one has me stumped...

I have recently managed to upload VHS to my PC at home and installed
programs to do so. I wanted to begin editing when the editing program
'Ulead Video Editing V.8' refused to start, claiming my screen
resolution was 'too low to play videos'. I then increased the
resolution on my 14" monitor, but to no avail, the same message
appeared. I therefore decided to get out a 17" monitor I had laying
around (wasn't used before due to space issues) and try that.

I plugged it in, but now there is NO DISPLAY until a green Windows XP
screen appears, only appearing in the middle of the screen with a
default blue boarder, and the system ceases to load.

In my wisdom I then decided to try and put the other monitor back on,
believing that there may have been a compatibility problem, but I now
have the same problem again.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark

--
new_horizon

Malke

new_horizon wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to this forum as I usually try and solve problems one my
> own but this one has me stumped...
>
> I have recently managed to upload VHS to my PC at home and installed
> programs to do so. I wanted to begin editing when the editing program
> 'Ulead Video Editing V.8' refused to start, claiming my screen
> resolution was 'too low to play videos'. I then increased the
> resolution on my 14" monitor, but to no avail, the same message
> appeared. I therefore decided to get out a 17" monitor I had laying
> around (wasn't used before due to space issues) and try that.
>
> I plugged it in, but now there is NO DISPLAY until a green Windows XP
> screen appears, only appearing in the middle of the screen with a
> default blue boarder, and the system ceases to load.
>
> In my wisdom I then decided to try and put the other monitor back on,
> believing that there may have been a compatibility problem, but I now
> have the same problem again.

Since you attached the computer to a different monitor and still had
display problems, the issue is not with your monitor but probably with
your video card. Swap it out for a known-working one. If you don't have
an extra video card lying around, take the machine to a professional
computer repair shop (not your local equivalent of BigStoreUSA) and
have them test it for you.

Good luck,

Malke
--