geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hello guys. I am looking to buy a monitor for my new pc. The specifications that I want are:
  • At least 24 inches
  • a good screen with nice colours (not for professional use, just esthetics)
  • 144hz refresh rate (or at least 75hz or 60 if the screen and colours are really good)

I plan on using the monitor mostly for work (music production), watching movies, and also gaming. Just casual gaming. I want to play gta v, fortnite, csgo. I have a gtx 1660 6gb graphics card which is not the best.

In my country, the options are very limited and the prices are much higher. I've come across these monitors so far but feel free to make any suggestions.

BenQ Zowie XL2411P 24 inch 144Hz 310$
DELL 24" S2419HGF 333$
SAMSUNG 24" C24RG5 254$
ASUS VG279Q 393$
ASUS VG258Q 345$

Is any of these monitors worth it? If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
VG279Q is pretty high end. IPS and high refresh, does explain the price.

VG258Q, Dell, and the BenQ are all 24" TN panels. Not bad monitors, just not as nice as IPS. They will have muted colors and poor viewing angles, relatively.

I'm not a huge proponent of curved displays, but VA panels are a nice in-between compromise. Decent colors, and okay viewing angles. The curve makes up for the viewing angle problems, but makes the monitor only really suitable for one person to use.

Basically it is somewhat suitable to arrange them by price in this case.

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
VG279Q is pretty high end. IPS and high refresh, does explain the price.

VG258Q, Dell, and the BenQ are all 24" TN panels. Not bad monitors, just not as nice as IPS. They will have muted colors and poor viewing angles, relatively.

I'm not a huge proponent of curved displays, but VA panels are a nice in-between compromise. Decent colors, and okay viewing angles. The curve makes up for the viewing angle problems, but makes the monitor only really suitable for one person to use.

Basically it is somewhat suitable to arrange them by price in this case.
Thank you for your reply. Another option is the aoc c24g1 for 250$ which is curved. Tbh I'm not a fan of curved displays either but I don't mind them either. I am in between this aoc, the samsung and the 27" asus. There are also a few good ips dell monitors but they are 60hz.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Slightly tighter curve then you normally see. It looks pretty good for what it is.

I'm afraid it is getting difficult to keep up with monitors. So many models being released in such short spans, they don't all have reviews. 1080p 144hz is becoming practically mainstream with all these VA panels.