[SOLVED] Monitor switches off but computer still continues to run [ please help :( ]

Oct 30, 2019
So basically, my computer has stated to do this annoying habit where the monitor will switch of however the the computer itself continues to run, in addition when this occurs my fans start to make a lot of noise which i assume is speeding up; why? I don't know.
This mostly happens during playing games which some may name as taxing games. This "monitor turning off thing" event seems to happen so far on: Rainbow 6 Siege, Destiny 2 and Fortnite.
For additional info here are some specs for my PC and graphical settings for my games:
Computer: • Asus strix 1660ti
• Asus strix B450-F
• Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)
• Corsair 4x4gb LPX 2666mhz RAM
• Corsair RM 650x (80 gold +)
• 1TB HDD & 500gb SSD
• 27" 60hz 1080p acer monitor (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-S271HL-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B01ANB3KDY ) Connected via HDMI

P.S All these components were bought only a month ago. The graphics card however was bought only a few weeks ago.

Thank you for reading this <3

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers, the card is well connected to the motherboard and the cable is stable conected both to the card and the monitor. Also check if the gpu temp is high (80+). If none of these help then its posible you have a faulty card or a faulty monitor

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers, the card is well connected to the motherboard and the cable is stable conected both to the card and the monitor. Also check if the gpu temp is high (80+). If none of these help then its posible you have a faulty card or a faulty monitor

Solution
Oct 30, 2019

I might swap out the 8 Pin connector connecting my GPU to my PSU. So far under benchmarks and some games my card has been cool, probably in its 50-65.

TRENDING THREADS