[SOLVED] Monitor tearing/waving while V-sync is off

OfficeMatti

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Hello everyone!
So my problem is pretty simple, my monitor is waving/tearing when V-sync is off, while V-sync is on, it wont. I dont want to keep playing 60FPS so i want to keep V-sync off. I have tried diffrend graphics cards and diffrend monitors PLEASE, i would like to get simple anwser because i aint the smartest guy on this planet.
Specs:
i7 930
GTX 680
16GB RAM
Asus P6X580-E
500W PSU
500GB HDD
Monitor HP LE2201w (1680x1050@60Hz) Vga on monitor DVI on PC.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Thanks in advance!
-Matti

Edit:
This is only when im using programs and games while V-sync is OFF. I havent had this kind of problem ever with 60Hz monitors, this is first time. I just want to play games with Unlimited FPS with out screen tearing/waving.

Last edited:

OfficeMatti

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
60hz monitor can only display 60fps. If you get over 60fps you wont see any bump and your monitor will tear.

If you enable v sync your framerate will be limited but it will eliminate tearing.
This doesnt make any sence, my brother has 24" Samsung screen and that is 60Hz too and he can play games Unlimited FPS without tearing.

Solution
Here is a nice article explaining fastsync and such issues:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/13
It applies to 1000 series nvidia cards and later.
Essentially it is a triple buffering technique to match pc frame generation rates to the frame presentation capability of the monitor.
And.. input latency is another issue that is addressed.
I did not know it was for 1000 series or later. I thought it was a driver update that allowed it. Learn something new everyday.