[SOLVED] Most programs connect to Internet except Games

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Hello,
As the title says, Most Programs connect to the internet but a few don't.
Like SAMP, Among Us and CSGO.

This happened about 1 month ago, Which something happened and now I can't play Among Us/SAMP/CSGO because of it :(
BTW, I use Android 4G connection with Tethering to get internet in my PC.

But after a bit of search, I managed to fix it temporary by cmd. commands like:

netsh int ip reset C:\logreset.txt
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh branchcache reset
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh int ip reset
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int reset all
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
sfc /scannow

Everything was working again. but after a Reboot, Among Us, SAMP and CSGO didn't work again. I inputed the commands again, but didn't work..
So that means the Problem is not caused by ISP. also I tried with other Android devices & Tethering but no success :(
So it's not the ISP. I even changed DNS to Google's one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 also default obtain DNS automatically),
reinstalled Windows, put the Commands above in cmd, Check Windows Firewall (Nothing was blocked, I've also reset the firewall!)
and Changed the USB a few times, Disabled Proxy settings (LAN settings in Internet Options), Resetted IP, Changed DNS to Google, Updated Tethering drivers from SAMSUNG official website, Reinstalled the games, Ran CCleaner, etc.
But no success. Nothing worked :(

Firefox, Steam, and anything else works but not SAMP/Among Us/CSGO

Notice: Some servers in SAMP show up for me. some don't. Which means specified IP/Ports are getting blocked?
For example: 192.99.251.103:7792 and 51.222.21.137:7777 (7792, 7776, 7777 etc are SAMP's ports) work. I can connect to them in SAMP.
While 51.89.188.191:7777, play.uifserver.net:7776 along with many others Don't work.
Among Us doesn't works at all!
Among Us/SAMP Servers work for everyone else right now. So the problem is my internet, not the Servers.

This problem is too annoying,
Thanks for reading, Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
Intel i5-3470
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM
GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5
500GB HDD
Galaxy S5, J7 (Used for tethering to get internet in PC, because WiFi is weak in my Area. Mobile internets work btw.)
Windows 7 SP1 x64
H61M-S2PV (REV 2.2)
Carrier/ISP: Irancell
ESET Smart Security

BTW, I can post my "ipconfig /all" if you want.

Last edited:
Solution
...reinstalled Windows,

Malwarebytes shown that I have over 400 malwares lol xd (wtf)!
If after "reinstalled Windows", you then have "over 400 malware"...then the software you installed is highly suspect. Possibly including the source of your OS.

Start over, with a know valid Win 10 install.
Direct from Microsoft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Full wipe and reinstall.

Then, install one of your 'games'. Again, direct from the publisher.
Does this issue persist?
The host files only purpose is to translate a url to a ip address. It basically a DNS override.

It has no ability to do anything with port number. The host file is also not used when you specify ip addresses directly.

Also the host file should always never have any entries in it unless you change it. If there are entries that you did not do then some malware or something did it.

You are better off seeing if you can run ping and/or tracert to these ip addresses. This will confirm the network connection.

If you can get to the ip address itself but only some ports do not work then it is something filtering these ports. In your case I would suspect the pc firewall but it can happen in the router or even the ISP in some countries.

Maybe use something like malwarebytes and scan your pc.

Reactions: Wirmaple73

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
The host files only purpose is to translate a url to a ip address. It basically a DNS override.

It has no ability to do anything with port number. The host file is also not used when you specify ip addresses directly.

Also the host file should always never have any entries in it unless you change it. If there are entries that you did not do then some malware or something did it.

You are better off seeing if you can run ping and/or tracert to these ip addresses. This will confirm the network connection.

If you can get to the ip address itself but only some ports do not work then it is something filtering these ports. In your case I would suspect the pc firewall but it can happen in the router or even the ISP in some countries.

Maybe use something like malwarebytes and scan your pc.
Hello, thanks for replying.
I ran /tracert 51.89.188.191 and this is it's log:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 51.89.188.191

Tracing route to ip191.ip-51-89-188.eu [51.89.188.191]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.42.129
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 46 ms 26 ms 39 ms 10.188.106.65
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 92 ms 33 ms 94 ms 10.138.99.30
6 32 ms 49 ms 49 ms 10.138.98.6
7 113 ms 59 ms 52 ms 10.21.249.6
8 693 ms 59 ms 39 ms 10.21.0.11
9 73 ms 350 ms 307 ms 10.21.0.11
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 151 ms 140 ms 157 ms be101.fra1-lim1-g1-nc5.de.eu [91.121.215.117]
15 158 ms 143 ms 140 ms be5.fra1-lim1-vac1-a75.de.eu [213.251.130.53]
16 180 ms 152 ms 120 ms fra1-lmb1-vac1-a75-1-firewall.de.eu [178.33.99.1
61]
17 152 ms 150 ms 129 ms fra1-lmb1-vac1-a75-2-shield.de.eu [178.33.99.162
]
18 136 ms 144 ms 131 ms fra1-lmb1-vac1-a75-3.de.eu [178.33.99.160]
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 163 ms 148 ms 157 ms ip191.ip-51-89-188.eu [51.89.188.191]

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
I also ran ping 51.89.188.191 in CMD.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ping 51.89.188.191

Pinging 51.89.188.191 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 51.89.188.191: bytes=32 time=336ms TTL=45
Reply from 51.89.188.191: bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=45
Reply from 51.89.188.191: bytes=32 time=159ms TTL=45
Reply from 51.89.188.191: bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=45

Ping statistics for 51.89.188.191:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 153ms, Maximum = 336ms, Average = 200ms

C:\Windows\system32>

Can you please tell me what the problem is?
and BTW please give me a link for Malwarebytes because I didn't found a reliable source for it. thank you :)

Get it directly from their website is always the best recommendation. The software is free they try to get you to buy the advanced one but you can use the free one pretty much forever

This means you do not actually have a network problem. Ports are actually related to software applications. In general individual ports are not blocked generally if ping/trace works it should work.
Most times if it blocked it is a firewall setting in your machine. You can temporarily disable the firewall to see if you need to search for a setting.

Other wise it tends to be some server software error. If you really want you can use something like wireshark to see if the server is responding at all or if it is forcing a disconnect. Mostly just for information you can do nothing about it so it depends on if you want to play with wireshark.

Note many times people talking about ports are not talking about server ports. Some application connect back to the client (ie your machine) using other ports. This is a very different problem related to port forwarding rules and having public IP.

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Get it directly from their website is always the best recommendation. The software is free they try to get you to buy the advanced one but you can use the free one pretty much forever

This means you do not actually have a network problem. Ports are actually related to software applications. In general individual ports are not blocked generally if ping/trace works it should work.
Most times if it blocked it is a firewall setting in your machine. You can temporarily disable the firewall to see if you need to search for a setting.

Other wise it tends to be some server software error. If you really want you can use something like wireshark to see if the server is responding at all or if it is forcing a disconnect. Mostly just for information you can do nothing about it so it depends on if you want to play with wireshark.

Note many times people talking about ports are not talking about server ports. Some application connect back to the client (ie your machine) using other ports. This is a very different problem related to port forwarding rules and having public IP.

Well, I disabled ESET Firewall (Windows Firewall is controlled by ESET).
public IP? what is it? and Port forwarding might fix the issue? how can I do it? Thank you.

Malwarebytes shown that I have over 400 malwares lol xd (wtf)! I rebooted the PC but the problem didn't go away. any more ideas? thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
...reinstalled Windows,

Malwarebytes shown that I have over 400 malwares lol xd (wtf)!
If after "reinstalled Windows", you then have "over 400 malware"...then the software you installed is highly suspect. Possibly including the source of your OS.

Start over, with a know valid Win 10 install.
Direct from Microsoft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Full wipe and reinstall.

Does this issue persist?

Solution
malwarebytes should remove them if it does not it then I would reinstall. Then again you might be better off reinstalling.

Malwarebytes is good but if you have that many it might have some that it does not detect. Not worth the effort to try to find other malware software.

That ESET software must really be bad since it suppose to protect you from malware. If you got it for free ....like malwarebytes...you might excuse it but your software has a yearly fee on it.

Wirmaple73

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Full wipe and reinstall.

Does this issue persist?
[/QUOTE]
Well, thanks for the Link
but 4GBs of RAM won't be too good with Windows 10. I installed it a few months ago but so much Stutter even on a clean windows install.
Once I got 8GBs of RAM I'll install W10, so I guess I close this thread "Question" until then..

Oct 21, 2020

Was scrolling and saw this reply, Thanks for increasing my knowledge!

TRENDING THREADS