[SOLVED] motherboaard only has a serial port no hdmi port, vga, display port what to do?

Solution
"i am also using a i5-760 "

I am unable to confirm whether or not that CPU is compatible with that rather obscure motherboard (very little support info available). Just because it's fits the mobo socket doesn't necessarily mean it's compatible.

"i think the ram sticks are faulty as they were used in an old computer system they have a bit of rust on the pins as well "

Replace them if you have any doubts about them.

I am unable to help you further. Hampered by lack of technical info on that motherboard.
Sep 5, 2019
Nothing will convert serial to video as it's not a video port. You need a GPU. anything that is PCI-E and supported by your OS (check the driver support).

hi thanks for replying i tried putting in a gtx 960 2gb into the PCI-E slot and still a black screen the gpu was connected by a hdmi cable to the monitor, do i need to install drivers first so it can recognize this card?

So have you connected the appropriate PSU cable to the graphics card's 8-pin or 6-pin connector?

If you have, then it's possible the PSU doesn't meet the requirements for a GTX 960. See this:

Sep 5, 2019
So have you connected the appropriate PSU cable to the graphics card's 8-pin or 6-pin connector?

If you have, then it's possible the PSU doesn't meet the requirements for a GTX 960. See this:

yes i connected the right psu connecter of 8 pin to the gpu, my psu is a 550w the psu is Corsair Semi-Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply do i need to change the psu?

TX-M Series™ TX550M

GALAX GEFORCE GTX 960 EXOC White 2GB
2GB DDR5 128-bit DVI-D/DVI-I/HDMI/DP

Last edited:
"do i need to install the drivers for the gpu first? "

No, you install the drivers when Windows is running. Graphics card should work without manufacturer's drivers provided everything is connected properly, so it's not a driver problem.

Your existing PSU has a maximum load rating of 43A on the +12v rail according to the manual, that's more than enough for a GTX 960 so, unless it's faulty, I'm stumped.

Sep 5, 2019
"do i need to install the drivers for the gpu first? "

No, you install the drivers when Windows is running. Graphics card should work without manufacturer's drivers provided everything is connected properly, so it's not a driver problem.

Your existing PSU has a maximum load rating of 43A on the +12v rail according to the manual, that's more than enough for a GTX 960 so, unless it's faulty, I'm stumped.
the psu worked in a different pc build i just pulled it out of that rig to test on this motherboard, the motherboard has only a 4 pin cpu connecter is this a problem?

i am also using a i5-760

i think the ram sticks are faulty as they were used in an old computer system they have a bit of rust on the pins as well

Last edited:

I am unable to confirm whether or not that CPU is compatible with that rather obscure motherboard (very little support info available). Just because it's fits the mobo socket doesn't necessarily mean it's compatible.

"i think the ram sticks are faulty as they were used in an old computer system they have a bit of rust on the pins as well "

I am unable to help you further. Hampered by lack of technical info on that motherboard.

Solution
Sep 5, 2019

Ok thanks for your help