aidfarrell70

Reputable
Mar 17, 2018
With the case I have bought it comes with an included fan controller for two fans on the front panel. However I can't see anywhere to connect the cables into my motherboard. Do I need an adapter for this, if so which one ??

My motherboard is a Asus TUF B-360 pro

Solution
does the case state that fans will be software controlled or hardware controlled?

if software, your motherboard will be running the controller and you will need an output from the controller to the motherboard. your motherboard's software will then control the fan settings.

if hardware, the fan controller will not be connected to your motherboard. your case has a fan speed setting switch and you will be using that to control the fan settings.

most nowadays will offer both and the switch would have an "auto" setting for user controlled fan curves/speeds. you will also need the output to your motherboard for this setting.

check in the user manual. there is always a diagram showing all the input/output on your motherboard. there will...

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
That MB has 2 4-pin Chasis fan connectors so as long as the case fan controller uses a 4 pin connector it should plug right in to one of those.

does the case state that fans will be software controlled or hardware controlled?

if software, your motherboard will be running the controller and you will need an output from the controller to the motherboard. your motherboard's software will then control the fan settings.

if hardware, the fan controller will not be connected to your motherboard. your case has a fan speed setting switch and you will be using that to control the fan settings.

most nowadays will offer both and the switch would have an "auto" setting for user controlled fan curves/speeds. you will also need the output to your motherboard for this setting.

check in the user manual. there is always a diagram showing all the input/output on your motherboard. there will be information here showing all of the fan port's locations.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999
Solution