Question Motherboard light pop up at night (unplugged)

Aug 11, 2024
Why is my motherboard light show up at night ? It does this more time at night when it's unplugged. I know there CMOS battery. But why is that just random?

Aug 11, 2024
Make and model motherboard?

What color is the light? Location?

By "unplugged"you mean that the power cord to the PSU is taken out of the wall outlet?
Sorry I forgot to wrote these stuff. Asus b660m plus wifi d4. Rgb colors TUF rgb. I don't know if the indicators are lit or not because they are small. I woke up in the evening and he did it right then, but it has happened several times before. Exactly 1 extension cord is closed, so it is not pulled out. But the extension cord disconnects the current normally.

Aug 11, 2024
If this is an ASUS motherboard with various lights built in there is a setting in bios to control those lights and it needs to be set to STEALTH.
But it's not getting any power. I mean from CMOS battery, but nothing else, so I think it should not light up. And it's not continuous. It only flashed for a second.

Ralston18

Titan
So the light only flashes when you unplug the extension cord?

Was the computer shutdown beforehand by using the Windows Shutdown menu?

The computer should not be being shutdown by unplugging the extension cord or using some switch in the power connections to the PSU.

= = = =

This motherboard?

Asus b660m

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide.

Use the Motherboard Overview on Page 1-1 to identify the LED that flashes when the extension cord is unplugged.

I believe that you may be referring to the System Power LED as mentioned at the top of Page 1-5. Is that correct?

If not please identify the LED that flashes.

Aug 11, 2024
So the light only flashes when you unplug the extension cord?

Was the computer shutdown beforehand by using the Windows Shutdown menu?

The computer should not be being shutdown by unplugging the extension cord or using some switch in the power connections to the PSU.

= = = =

This motherboard?

Asus b660m

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide.

Use the Motherboard Overview on Page 1-1 to identify the LED that flashes when the extension cord is unplugged.

I believe that you may be referring to the System Power LED as mentioned at the top of Page 1-5. Is that correct?

If not please identify the LED that flashes.

Yes. I unplug it every day. So it's not correct? I damaged my pc? I completly shut down windows, I use shut down. Then I just unplug the extension cord. So I'm not switch to off the power supply. On page 1-1 the TUF logo flashed just for a second. I don't know if 18 number lights are flashed too. Because I just woke up and it was just a sec. I didn't even see it completely, I just turned around and the light was gone.

Ralston18

Titan
Referencing "18".

This?

"18. Q-LEDs
The Q-LEDs check key components (CPU, DRAM, VGA, and booting devices) during the
motherboard booting process. If an error is found, the critical component’s LED stays lit up
until the problem is solved."

There may be an initial flash just to verify that all the LEDs are working.

Or was it the System power LED that flashed/flashes?

"16. System Panel header
This header supports several chassis-mounted functions.
• System power LED (4-pin PLED)
This 4-pin header is for the system power LED. Connect the
chassis power LED cable to this header. The system power
LED lights up when you turn on the system power, and
blinks when the system is in sleep mode."

If the system has been properly shutdown there should be no harm in unplugging the extension cord. Especially in areas (not asking) with frequent power problems. I often unplug wall outlet connections when thunderstorms are moving into my area.

Just continue to watch and determine what LED or LEDs are flashing and when they do so.