guzmanzs33

Honorable
Jul 4, 2018
Hi, today my computer stopped booting. The motherboard DRAM light and CPU diagnostic lights are flashing: the DRAM light turns on for around 10 seconds, and then the CPU light flashes and turns off and goes back to the DRAM light. I looked around online, and most reports of this happening are on new systems or systems where the CPU was changed, but I have been using this same CPU for around three years, without any problems. I thought that I might also have a BIOS problem, but since the status LEDs turn on, I can't even get to the BIOS, and my motherboard does not support Q-Flash Plus and thus I can't flash a new BIOS.

The only thing I did to the system recently was I removed the heatsink to turn it around and applied new thermal paste. However, after I did this, the system booted fine and worked for a day, where I didn't push the system much, only some light 2D games.

I have also tried removing the DIMMs and using one at a time on different slots, which didn't work. It's also not the DIMMs, because I tried it with some other known-good DIMMs and it also didn't boot. I have also tried reseating the CPU, which didn't help either.

I also tried plugging in a speaker, to see what the error beep code was, but there were no beeps. I don't know if this is because I turned off beeping in the BIOS or something else, but I thought I'd mention it.

Specs
MBD: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (rev1.1)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600,
RAM: 4 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MTs

I have removed every disk and peripheral, and that didn't affect anything, so it's not that.

guzmanzs33

Honorable
Jul 4, 2018
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?
It's this one. I bought it new in late 2021, and I never used it, so it sat on a desk for a few years, until I replaced an old EVGA PSU this PC had with the CoolerMaster one around an year ago. I still kept the EVGA PSU, because it was only failing under high load, and I know it works because I tested it with a friend's PC recently and it worked. I tried replacing the CoolerMaster one with the EVGA one, but the status LEDs are still on.