[SOLVED] Motherboard upgrade Advice, Overclocking

CrazyDan

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice. I'll admit when I built my PC a good 3 years ago (give or take) I was.. say... a little.. to quick with the process. Possibly should of done a bit more looking into things a bit but anyho.

Specs:
i7 7700k 4.2ghz stock (doesn't turbo to full 4.5ghz)
Corsair H100i V2
Asus Strix H270F MB
16gb Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz DDR4
Asus Strix OC 1080ti
Asus 144hz 1080p monitor

Due to my bit of a mistaken choice of buying and not reading up on the F series boards by Asus. I didn't at the time know they don't support overclocking until I put it together. Which in turn limited ram to 2400Mhz and possibly why cpu doesn't full turbo to 4.5Ghz. At the time didn't really phase me as i wasn't all about the overclocking scene. Basically my question is.. Would I see a noticeable difference in getting a different motherboard that supports overclocking then possibly getting some faster ram (3000+ mark) and bump it up to 32gb. Or should I just put the cash towards the next build?

I know each CPU is different in terms of OC snd some can reach high OCs while some cant so its a bit of a gamble. PC does run pretty much everything more or less on 60+fps at 1080p max settings. Apart from ETS2 and KSP (Kerbal Space program) which dip in frames not sure if the OC/faster ram factor would improve on either of these games due to being limited by game engine and fairly older games.

Hopefully my post is somewhat readable and understandable,
Thanks

Solution
No not worth spending the $ on better mobo.

For upgrading id wait to see how the new Zen performs in gaming or find a good deal on a 2nd hand 8700k and z mobo on ebay. Prices may come down when zen is released and the 8700k is a great performer.