Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaPotatoes

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
I just replaced everything in my old computer except for my graphics card, ssd, and hard drive. everything works fine in bios but when I reach windows 7 login screen my keyboard and mouse stop working.

motherboard: B450 aorus m
cpu: AMD ryzen 5 3600
gpu: 8gb radeon rx 580
ram: 2 8gb DDR4 vengeance LPX

any help would be appreciated

Solution
that's part of MS trying to force you to use win 10. it's an issue with usb 3 drivers not being in the win 7 installer as well as other files needed for new hardware. the fix is to put the usb drivers needed into your win 7 install disk. this tool will update your win 7 iso to what is needed so you won't have the issue.

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

one you do that it will let you install windows and the usb ports will work. but once you try to run windows update it will tell you it won't work with the new hardware. again MS trying to force you to win 10. the fix for that is a simple tweak that removes the hardware check...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's part of MS trying to force you to use win 10. it's an issue with usb 3 drivers not being in the win 7 installer as well as other files needed for new hardware. the fix is to put the usb drivers needed into your win 7 install disk. this tool will update your win 7 iso to what is needed so you won't have the issue.

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

one you do that it will let you install windows and the usb ports will work. but once you try to run windows update it will tell you it won't work with the new hardware. again MS trying to force you to win 10. the fix for that is a simple tweak that removes the hardware check..

https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc/releases/tag/v1.0.1.201

enjoy your new system. note you will have to reinstall win 7 again to get the new drivers into place.

* currently running win 7 no problem on my aorus pro wifi and 3700x. plus used the iso to install win 7 on at least 20 new systems intel and amd. so i know this works fully.

Last edited:
Reactions: crowying
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.